On Air Now
The Capital Late Show with Sonny Jay 10pm - 1am
17 April 2019, 08:28 | Updated: 17 April 2019, 09:28
Megan Barton-Hanson was rushed to hospital last week after suffering an allergic reaction.
Love Island star Megan Barton-Hanson has opened up about her scary hospital dash, after falling ill with a mystery ailment last week.
Megan said she’s feeling “shook up” but is much better now after an allergic reaction to hair dye left her panicked.
Love Island’s Megan Barton-Hanson To Release ‘Tell-All’ Autobiography
View this post on Instagram
The comeback is always STRONGER than the set back 💫 Finally starting to feel a little more human again, I’ve never been so scared! When the doctor looks at you in shock and says we need to call an ambulance right now, a day before I was due to fly to LA 😓Thank you all so much for your well wishes and support it means so much. Meg xx MUA: @makeupjessica Photo: @jodiemorrisphotography13
Sources close to the model told the tabloids: "The night after having her hair dyed Megan started to feel unwell - she had an itchy throat and her eyes started to swell up.
“But the following morning she felt like she couldn't breathe and her face had swollen beyond recognition. Megan was terrified. She was given treatment by her doctor but when it failed to help she was taken to hospital by ambulance."
Megan is said to feel "shaken up" by the whole experience, but is finally feeling better.
The 25 year old spoke about her ordeal on Instagram once she’d returned home from hospital, saying she’s “never been so scared”.
The day before she was due to fly to LA, doctors told Megan they’d need to call an ambulance after she reacted badly to a hair dye – Megan has recently transformed her blonde locks into dark brown tresses.
> Download Our New App For All The Latest Celebrity News