On Air Now
Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp 6am - 10am
25 May 2012, 09:34 | Updated: 25 May 2012, 09:55
The 'Hold It Against Me' singer says she was just taking a short break during the first auditions day.
Britney Spears has denied claims she walked off the set of The X Factor USA yesterday and insists she was simply taking a break.
The FOX reality talent show began auditions on Thursday (24th May) in Texas, and the 'I Wanna Go' singer was reported by several news outlets to have left the panel after a contestant's performance, however Britney took to Twitter shortly after the claims emerged insisting they were completely inaccurate.
"#BritneyWalksOff??? LOL was just taking a little break people," Britney tweeted. "I am having the BEST time!!!"
"Texas has a lot of talent - seriously!" Britney posted earlier in the day. "Loving @TheXFactorUSA auditions so far… (at X Factor)."
The 'Criminal' singer was announced as one of the show's new judges earlier this month, alongside Disney star Demi Lovato, and the two join returning panelists Simon Cowell and LA Reid on the new series of The X Factor USA.
Earlier this month Britney described Simon Cowell as "adorable" and said she is looking forward to finding a "true star" on the popular talent show.
The X Factor USA is set to being airing its new series this summer on FOX.