Check out the long-awaited follow up to 'Gangnam Style' from the K-Pop star.
South Korean star PSY became a global phenomenon after releasing his single 'Gangnam Style'. The music video has been viewed over a billion times on YouTube and was performed to 80,000 fans at Wembley Stadium for the 2013 Summertime Ball.
Real name: Park Jae-sang
Born: December 31, 1977
Star sign: Capricorn
Birthplace: Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea
Hometown: Gangnam District, Seoul, South Korea
Despite becoming a global star with 'Gangnam Style' in 2012, PSY began his career at the start of the century following the release of 'PSY from the Psycho World!' in 2001. He was already a huge star in Korea before the song's unexpected success.
Did you know?
- 'Gangnam Style' is the first and only video to get over a billion views on YouTube.
- It reached 800 million views 11 times faster than Justin Bieber's track 'Baby'.
- PSY performed 'Gangnam Style' at Times Square in New York on New Year's Eve 2012 (which is also his birthday).
- He has since met the likes of U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and US President Barack Obama.
- He is reported to have earned over $8 million in 2012.
- His official twitter handle is @psy_oppa.
- You can see pictures of PSY at the 2013 Summertime Ball and watch his performances of 'Gangnam Style' and 'Gentleman' at Wembley Stadium.
PSY albums: 'PSY from the Psycho World!' (2001). 'Sa 2/Adult only' (2002), '3 Mi' (2002), 'Ssa Jib (2006) and 'PSY Five' (2010)
Check out the promo for the K-Pop star's worldwide smash right now on Capital.
PSY's New Song 'Gentleman'
It's the video everyone's talking about, so join Capital as we take a look at some of the most OMG moments from PSY's new video for 'Gentleman'.
From PSY's 'Gentleman' to One Direction's 'Best Song Ever', join Capital as we round up some of the best music videos of the year so far, including some of your suggestions.