Capital FM takes a look at pop superstar Adele before she was famous, including on a trip to the farm and learning to play the guitar.
Real Name: Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
Born: 5 May 1988
Height: 5' 9" / 1.75 m
Star Sign: Taurus
Birthplace: Tottenham, London, England
Hometown: London, England
Did you know?
- Adele began singing at the age of four, impersonating the Spice Girls and Gabrielle in parties.
- While in secondary school, she became interested in R&B and rock music.
- Adele lived next door to Shingai Shoniwa from The Noisettes. Shoniwa inspired her to write her own songs.
- Like Amy Winehouse and Jessie J, Adele is a graduate of The BRIT School.
- Adele's single 'Someone Like You' was the first million-seller of this decade.
- She is the first British female solo artist to have two US No.1 singles from the same album.
- Adele's 'Make You Feel My Love' was originally recorded by Bob Dylan.
- Beyoncé claims she found inspiration in Adele when recording her album '4'.
First Single: Hometown Glory
First Album: 19
First Big Top 40 No.1: Someone Like You (Live from the BRITs)
Capital Hot Picks
It's been one year since the release of Adele's second studio album '21', and to celebrate Capitalfm.com is taking a look back at the singer's top 21 moments of the past 12 months.
The canine can be heard howling when he hears 'Make You Feel My Love' on the computer.
The 'Someone Like You' singer's tracks contain the perfect bpm to help breathing, according to the new study.
The 'Rolling In The Deep' singer makes posts a rare comment on her social networking account.
The 'Set Fire To The Rain' singer is said to love heading out to scour the local charity and vintage shops near her home.
It's already one of the most anticipated album releases of 2014 and we're not even halfway through 2013. The world wants to know how the singer will top the titan of an album that was '21'. She's in the happiest place of her life - so expect some different themes. Join Capital as we run through a few possible suggestions for how the album could sound.
As the '21' star poses for the Women In Music edition of Elle Magazine, Capital takes a look back at some of the singer's most iconic and glamorous looks.
She's dominated awards season, taking home gongs at the Golden Globes and the Oscars, but how well do you really know Adele? Take out quiz now and let us know your scores.
This week Adele attended the Oscars and picked up an award for Best Song for her James Bond hit 'Skyfall'. Join Capital FM as we take a look at the highs and lows of the star's Hollywood night out.
The '21' singer teases fans with a clip from her new live DVD.
Watch Adele's dramatic video for her smash hit 'Someone Like You'.
Watch Adele's faultless and emotional performance of 'Someone Like You' at the BRITs here.
Adele returns with the first single to be taken from her new album, '21'.
DOWNLOAD ADELE MUSIC
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Latest music news
Live Top 10
1 Naughty Boy feat. Sam Smith La La La
2 Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams Get Lucky
3 Passenger Let Her Go
4 Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton Can't Hold Us
5 2 Chainz We Own It (Fast & Furious) [feat. Wiz Khalifa]
7 Armin Van Buuren This is What it Feels Like
8 David Guetta feat. Ne-Yo & Akon Play Hard