Capital FM takes a look at pop superstar Adele before she was famous, including on a trip to the farm and learning to play the guitar.
Real Name: Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
Born: 5 May 1988
Height: 5' 9" / 1.75 m
Star Sign: Taurus
Birthplace: Tottenham, London, England
Hometown: London, England
Did you know?
- Adele began singing at the age of four, impersonating the Spice Girls and Gabrielle in parties.
- While in secondary school, she became interested in R&B and rock music.
- Adele lived next door to Shingai Shoniwa from The Noisettes. Shoniwa inspired her to write her own songs.
- Like Amy Winehouse and Jessie J, Adele is a graduate of The BRIT School.
- Adele's single 'Someone Like You' was the first million-seller of this decade.
- She is the first British female solo artist to have two US No.1 singles from the same album.
- Adele's 'Make You Feel My Love' was originally recorded by Bob Dylan.
- Beyoncé claims she found inspiration in Adele when recording her album '4'.
First Single: Hometown Glory
First Album: 19
First Big Top 40 No.1: Someone Like You (Live from the BRITs)
Capital Hot Picks
Join Capitalfm.com as we take a look back at the singer's top 24 moments of her career.
Relive the big stories which dominated the headlines this time last year.
The 'Rolling In The Deep' star is working hard on new music and Ryan has an update.
The UK producer has picked out Adele as the artist he would love to work with in the studio.
The 'Rolling In The Deep' singer has yet to decide whether she will record the next theme in the franchise.
From Justin Bieber attacking the paparazzi to THAT Miley Cyrus performance. 2013 has brought its fair share of big talking points. Join Capital as we take a look at some of them now.
There's no doubt that the biggest pop stars have a lot of style and stage presence, but sometimes you can't help be notice a bit of an older influence at work! Join Capital as we take a look at some of the top stars and work out which classic pop acts just MAY have influenced their look and stage costumes!
It's already one of the most anticipated album releases of 2014 and we're not even halfway through 2013. The world wants to know how the singer will top the titan of an album that was '21'. She's in the happiest place of her life - so expect some different themes. Join Capital as we run through a few possible suggestions for how the album could sound.
As the '21' star poses for the Women In Music edition of Elle Magazine, Capital takes a look back at some of the singer's most iconic and glamorous looks.
The '21' singer teases fans with a clip from her new live DVD.
Watch Adele's dramatic video for her smash hit 'Someone Like You'.
Watch Adele's faultless and emotional performance of 'Someone Like You' at the BRITs here.
Adele returns with the first single to be taken from her new album, '21'.
DOWNLOAD ADELE MUSIC
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Latest music news
Live Top 10
1 Mr. Probz Waves (Robin Schulz Radio Edit)
2 Kiesza Hideaway
3 Sigma Nobody To Love
4 Cash Cash Take Me Home (feat. Bebe Rexha)
5 John Legend All of Me
6 Tove Lo Feat. Hippe Sabotage Stay High [Habits Remix]
7 Shift K3Y Touch
8 Neon Jungle Welcome to the Jungle
9 DJ Cassidy feat. Jessie J & Robin Thicke Calling All Hearts