Jingle Bell Ball: The Queue terms & conditions
Jingle Bell Ball Queue on 95.8 Capital FM
[November to December 2010]
1. The following rules (Rules) together with Global Radios ("Global Radio") general and competition terms and conditions (the Terms and Conditions) (which can be found at http://www.capitalfm.com/general/capital-958-terms-and-conditions/) apply to Jingle Bell Ball Queue radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from Monday 1st November to Wednesday 1st December 2010 (the Duration). The "Radio Station" is 95.8 Capital FM
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an Entrant) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must either:
3.1. go to www.facebook.com/958capitalfm login to the Facebook application via Facebook Connect. By doing so, the Entrant agrees to have their current profile Picture, First Name and Current Location displayed as part of the competition on capitalfm.com and facebook.com/958capitalfm; or
3.2. go to www.capitalfm.com and register their details. This registration will provide an entrant with full access to the competition, but will not create a Facebook profile for them.
4. Once an Entrant has registered, they will be placed into the last position in the virtual queue. The earlier an entrant registers to take part, the further forward they will start in the queue.
5. There are three ways to win. The first way is to be first or second in the queue when it closes at 16.00 on Wednesday 1st December.
6. There are three ways to move forward in the queue:
6.1. A question will be asked each day of the week at 19.00 hours. If they get the question right, they will advance in the queue ahead of those players who get the question wrong. The entrants place in the queue will be determined by how quickly they answer the question - so the first person to answer correctly after the question is posted at 19.00 will be the first person to advance on a right answer; the second person to answer correctly after 19.00 will advance second, and so on. If an entrant answers the question wrongly, they will go to the back of the queue.
6.2. An entrant may move forward in the queue if people in front of them get their daily question wrong. If someone in front of an entrant gets a question wrong, they will move to the back of the queue and the entrant forward one space each time as a consequence.
6.3. Another way to advance in the queue will be by inviting friends to the queue. With every friend who joins the queue from an invitation, the entrant who invited them will move forward one position as a result.
7. If an entrant fails to answer the question on a particular day, they will not move, but people in front of them may move to the back, and people behind them may move forward around them, changing their place in the queue.
8. The two main prizes will be awarded to the first and second person in the virtual queue at 16:00 hours on Wednesday 1st December. The firs person goes to the first night (Saturday) and the second the second night (Sunday)
9. The second way to win is via the spot prizes each day. From Monday 1st November, daily spot prizes will be awarded to members of the virtual queue. Each day at 19.00, Capital will announce which position in the queue has been selected at random. The person who is in that position in the queue at 19.00 the folling day will win the spot prize up for grabs.
10. The third way to win is simply by joining the queue. Each day, everyone who has joined the queue since the last daily draw will be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of tickets to the Jingle Bell Ball. The first draw will run from the moment the queue launches until 19.00 on Monday 1st November. The second and all subsequent draws will begin as the last draw closes and end at 19.00 the following day, with the final draw beginning at 19.00 Tuesday 30th November and ending at 16.00 Wednesday 1st December when the queue closes.
11. Winners of tickets to the Jingle Bell Ball that are under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult to the event.
12. Members of staff from Global Radio may participate in the queue, but will not be awarded any prizes. In the event that a member of staff at Global Radio is in the given position in the queue to win the spot prize for that day, then that spot prize shall be awarded to the person immediately in front of them in the queue.
13. The two main prizes consist of 8 jingle zone tickets to Jingle Bell Ball 2010. One prize will be tickets for Saturday 4th December and the other prize will be tickets for Sunday 5th December.
14. The spot prizes will include 7 windows laptops, retail vouchers, and tickets to Jingle Bell Ball, as below:
14.1. Dell laptops, with a 250GB Hard Drive, 15.6in high definition screen, loaded with Windows 7
14.2. Retail vouchers will be £500 to spend in Topshop
14.3. Tickets to the Jingle Bell Ball will be a pair of tickets for either the Saturday or the Sunday it will be made clear when the spot prize is announced whether that days prize is for the Saturday or the Sunday.
15. The daily draw prizes will consist of a pair of tickets to the Jingle Bell Ball, to either the Saturday or the Sunday event. The draws and their corresponding prizes (Saturday or Sunday) are as follows:
Sunday tickets will be awarded for the draws that close on:
Monday 1st, Wednesday 3rd, Friday 5th, Sunday 7th, Tuesday 9th, Thursday 11th, Sunday 14th, Monday 15th, Wednesday 17th, Friday 19th, Sunday 21st, Tuesday 23rd, Thursday 25th, Sunday 28th and Monday 29th November, and Wednesday 1st December.
Saturday tickets will be awarded for the draws that close on:
Tuesday 2nd, Thursday 4th, Saturday 6th, Monday 8th, Wednesday 10th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th, Tuesday 16th, Thursday 18th, Saturday 20th, Monday 22nd, Wednesday 24th, Friday 26th, Saturday 27th and Monday 30th November.
16. In the event that one of more of the prizes has to be cancelled or cannot be delivered, and the reason for such non-delivery or cancellation is outside of the control of Global Radio, then Global Radio shall not be responsible for providing an alternative prize.