Win Tickets To The 2014 BRIT Awards In London
Secure your place at the UK's biggest music awards show.
How do you fancy bagging yourself a pair of tickets to the 2014 BRIT Awards? Pop's biggest stars will come together to celebrate an incredible year in music at London's O2 Arena on Wednesday February 19th, and you could be there!
The night will also feature live performances from Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Rudimental and more.
For your chance to win simply keep it Capital, and when directed by the presenter text keyword BRITS followed by your answer to the general knowledge question asked to 83958 * during the entry window detailed.
(Texts costs £1 plus your standard network rate – you have the duration of the specified song to enter. If you text after the closing time you won’t be entered but may still be charged. Entrants must be aged 18+)
Don't miss your chance to win! Download the Capital App here .
BRITS ON AIR COMPETITION ON THE CAPITAL NETWORK
The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Radio’s ("Global Radio") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at http://www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions/competition/ apply to the ‘Capital BRITs’ radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from 01/02/2014 to 19/02/2014 (“the Duration”). The "Radio Stations" are: The Capital Network (Capital Scotland, Capital North East, Capital Yorkshire, Capital Manchester, Capital East Midlands, Capital South Wales, Capital Birmingham, Capital South Coast and Capital London) & Capital London.
Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
1) Details of the Competition
1.1 To enter the Competition an Entrant must:
Send a text message with the keyword ‘BRITS’ and the answer to the on-air question to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at £1.00 plus standard network rate.
The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on-air by the presenter(s). If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network which may delay the delivery of your text message to us.
1.2 Once the text lines have closed one entrant with the correct answer will be selected at random from all entries and called back. A call will be recorded with the winner and played out on air.
1.3 All winners will be required to talk to the presenter/s and a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. If entrants fail to answer their phone or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during these calls and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the caller, another contestant will be selected at random.
1.4 Competition rounds will take place between the hours of 6am & 10am Monday to Friday, 4pm – 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am – midday Sundays on Capital London only. All other competition rounds will be on the Capital Network and are between 10am & midnight Monday to Sunday. From time to time it may be necessary to delay or cancel a competition round for editorial or programming reasons. If there is no solicitation made on-air for competition entries the competition for that day will be void. If you enter during this time your entry will not be counted but may still be charged.
2.1.1 Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
2.1.2 You can enter each round of the competition a maximum of 3 times. We strongly advise against excessive use.
3.1 In each competition round, the prize will consist of a pair of tickets to the Brits at the O2 in London on 19th February 2014
3.2 It is the winner’s responsibility to get to the venue in time for the event.
3.3 Tickets are non-transferable
3.4 Each prize of 2 tickets must be won by a separate entrant
3.5 These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and the terms and conditions of the O2 Arena (the “Venue Conditions”) apply to any and all Tickets (“Tickets”) to The BRIT Awards 2014 due to be held at the O2 Arena London on 19th February 2014 (the “Event”).
3.6 The Event is organised and Tickets are issued by BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
3.7 By being present at the Event you consent to being filmed and/or recorded. You also agree not to assert any moral (or similar) rights and give all necessary consents under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) and all other applicable legislation in respect of any film and/or recordings. Please note that BAL is entitled to make full use of any film and/or recording in all current and future media worldwide without any liability or payment to you, including permitting others to do the same.
3.8 Any person who purchases, holds or uses a Ticket (“Ticket Holder”) acknowledges and agrees that he or she is subject to these Conditions and to the Venue Conditions.
3.9 In the event of a breach of these Conditions or the Venue Conditions by a Ticket Holder, BAL or its agents may at their sole discretion: (a) render and declare the Ticket void; (b) refuse the Ticket Holder admission to the Event; and/or (c) remove the Ticket Holder from the Event.
3.10 If a Ticket is declared void or if a Ticket Holder is refused admission to or removed from the Event because of a breach of these Conditions or of the Venue Conditions, no money shall be refunded to the Ticket Holder.
3.11 All persons who wish to gain access to the Event must have a valid Ticket.
BRIT Awards Limited Ticket Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and the terms and conditions of the O2 Arena below (the “Venue Conditions”) apply to any and all BRIT Awards 2014 tickets (“Tickets”) to The BRIT Awards 2014 due to be held at the O2 Arena London on 19 February 2014 (the “Event”).
2. Any person who purchases, holds or uses a Ticket (“Ticket Holder”) acknowledges and agrees that he or she is subject to these Conditions and to the Venue Conditions.
3. In the event of a breach of these Conditions or the Venue Conditions by a Ticket Holder, BAL or its agents may at their sole discretion: (a) render and declare the Ticket void; (b) refuse the Ticket Holder admission to the Event; and/or (c) remove the Ticket Holder from the Event.
4. The Event is organised and Tickets are issued by BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
5. All persons who wish to gain access to the Event must have a valid Ticket.
6. No one under the age of 13 will be admitted to the Event, and people between the ages of 13 and 16 years will only be admitted to the Event with an accompanying adult.
7. Tickets will not be posted to you.
8. The credit card holder who purchased the Ticket(s) must collect the Tickets in the company of all of their guests at the same time from the venue on Wednesday 19th February 2014 at the location and time set out below. The credit card holder must attend the event. Tickets will only be released upon presentation of the credit card used to pay at the time of booking. No letters of authorisation or transfers of payment will be permitted. From 11am until 7:00pm Tickets can be collected from the collection point set up in the O2 Arena. Please follow directions for ticket collection once you enter the O2 Arena site.
9. Once you and your guests have collected your Tickets you will also be given a wristband and/or security pass. At this stage, you will be free to leave the O2 Arena site but will be required to present your ticket and wristband/security pass device upon your arrival at The BRIT Awards. If you are unable to present both your ticket and your wristband/security pass device, you will not be admitted to the Event.
10. By being present at the Event you consent to being filmed and/or recorded. You also agree not to assert any moral (or similar) rights and give all necessary consents under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) and all other applicable legislation in respect of any film and/or recordings. BAL is entitled to make full use of any film and/or recording in all current and future media worldwide without any liability or payment to you, including permitting others to do the same.
11. If a Ticket is declared void or if a Ticket Holder is refused admission or removed from the Event because of a breach of these Conditions or of the Venue Conditions, no money shall be refunded.
12. BAL or its agents shall be entitled, but not obliged, to carry out identity and security checks (including photographic ID checks) upon presentation of the Ticket by a Ticket Holder at the Event. If the Ticket Holder is not on BAL’s list of intended attendees at the Event (as notified to BAL by the person(s) that purchased that Ticket Holder’s Ticket at the time of purchase or prior to the Event), BAL and its agents may, at their sole discretion, declare that Ticket Holder’s Ticket void and BAL and its agents may refuse that Ticket Holder admission to the Event or remove that Ticket Holder from the Event.
13. Neither the Ticket Holder nor any person associated with them (other than BAL or its agents) is entitled to assign, donate, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Ticket itself or any rights arising from the Ticket to any third party. In particular, but without limitation, a Ticket Holder may not:
(a) sell, resell, expose, offer or make available for sale, auction, donate or otherwise dispose of Ticket(s) in any manner or place whatsoever, including, without limitation, online via an online auction website; and/or
(b) transfer or use a Ticket for:
(i) advertising, sales or promotional purposes;
(ii) premium give-aways, competitions, prize draws or sweepstakes; or
(iii) hospitality or travel packages.
14. If a Ticket Holder is unable to attend the Event, BAL may, at BAL’s sole discretion, provide that Ticket Holder with a full refund of the price paid for the Ticket from the original point of sale less any reasonable administrative and processing costs.
15. In the event of a conflict between the Conditions and the Venue Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
16. No briefcases, backpacks or large bags will be allowed at the Event.
17. No photographic/recording equipment is allowed at the Event, mobile phones are permitted, but Ticket Holders are NOT permitted to use them to record the Event.
18. Please ensure mobile phones, pagers and watch alarms are switched off during the performance.
19. BRIT Awards Ltd/O2 Arena reserves the right to refuse admission.
20. Security searches will take place.
21. Latecomers may not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the Event.
22. Re-entry to the O2 Arena will not be permitted without a Ticket and a wristband/security device.
23. Artists’ appearances are subject to change.
24. BAL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any person or any property.
25. BAL reserves the right at any time to withdraw, cancel or void any Ticket issued to the Event.
VENUE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
The O2 for either The O2 arena, IndigO2 or The O2 bubble (each a “Venue”) is authorised to sell tickets to events as an agent on behalf of the promoter of the event (the “Event Promoter”). All tickets sold by or on behalf of The O2 (the “Tickets”) are sold subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Event Promoter and The O2, (a full set of which are available at www.theo2.co.uk and in writing from The O2 T & Cs, PO Box 02, London SE10 0DX.). The general Terms and Conditions relating to admission have been extracted and reprinted here for your convenience. 1. You must produce a valid Ticket or Wristband to gain entry to each Venue and upon request for inspection at any time. Failure to produce your Ticket or Wristband when requested may result in you being ejected from the Venue. 2. Persons under 16 years of age are not permitted to access the Event. 3. Removing the ticket stub before entry invalidates the ticket. 4. Tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase unless the Event is cancelled, rescheduled or subject to a material alteration, except where an applicable ticket exchange or resale facility is offered. (see full Terms and Conditions for details). 5. The Ticket holder has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket holder’s Ticket and management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the Ticket. 6. Unlawful resale, or attempted unlawful resale, of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation. Tickets cannot be used for competitions, promotions, advertising or hospitality packages without the express written permission of the Event promoter. Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the Venue without refund or other compensation. 7. The Venue will not take responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources. 8. The Venue is not liable for any Tickets that are lost or stolen. Standing Tickets cannot be duplicated under any circumstances. 9. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, the Venue reserves the right at its reasonable discretion to refuse admission without compensation. 10. Customers may be ejected from the Venue or may not be permitted into a Venue and will be asked to surrender any Tickets held by such Ticket holder, if, in the reasonable opinion of the Venue, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron; could affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event; and/or the Ticket holder’s behaviour is unacceptable. Examples include but are not limited to being (or appearing to be): drunk or incapable or intoxicated, under age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or are in breach of the Ticket Terms and Conditions). 11. To ensure safety we will conduct security searches of persons’, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit and reserve the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other patrons or are in breach of the Terms and Conditions. 12. No food or drink is permitted to be brought into any Venue. A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase inside each Venue. 13. There is no re-admission once you have left a Venue. 14. Latecomers may not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the performance. 15. CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Venue. Purchase of a Ticket means you consent to filming and sound recording which may include you as a member of the audience and its use in commercial distribution without payment or copyright. 16. The use of unauthorised cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated at the Ticket holder's own risk. 17. In seated areas other members of the audience may stand up during the Event. 18. Crowd surfing and moshing are strictly prohibited. 19. Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted in The O2 and on some events may not be permitted in the performance area. Customers are requested to contact The O2 in advance for further information in this regard. 20. Customers are requested to address any special access requirements in advance of their visit by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling on 0208 463 3359. 21. In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials. 22. Loud music can damage hearing. 23. All events are subject to licence. 24. The O2 is a no smoking venue. 25. When purchasing alcohol if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for proof of age. 26. Official Merchandise is only available from outlets within The O2. Please be aware of unofficial traders offering inferior goods. 27. It is the responsibility of the Ticket holder to ascertain the date and the time of any rearranged event. 28. Please consider our neighbours and leave The O2 site quietly. 29. Please note that seats located on level 4 of the o2 Arena are not recommended for those who have a fear of heights, or suffer from vertigo. 30. Should you experience any problems while in the Venue please contact the nearest steward as every effort can be made to resolve the issue prior to, or during the event. 31. The Venue and Event promoter are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of the event. 32. Flashing lights may be used as part of the Event production. For further information about Events, Facilities and Travel or to book Tickets for The O2 visit www.theo2.co.uk
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service, please have a look at our FAQ’s or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0844 372 2300.