Places Martin Solveig Feat. Ina Wroldsen Download 'Places' on iTunes
28 March 2014, 11:06
A dentist has been struck off by the General Dental Council (GDC) following a public hearing into a number of allegations.
The allegations against Alfons Andreas Striebich (Registration No. 104532) were heard by the GDC’s Professional Conduct Committee (PCC).
The charges he faced included:
1. On occasions he conducted himself towards his patients (including children) in a manner such that he was abrupt and / or dismissive.
2. Failed to treat his professional colleagues with appropriate respect.
3. On occasions, ahead of commencing treatment he failed to discuss treatment options and/or the cost of treatments with his patients.
5. On occasions whilst in the Surgery he failed adequately and / or at all to wash his hands between patients.
8. From October 2010 onwards until January 2011 he failed to disclose to NHS Southampton City PCT that he was suspended by NHS Grampian, in circumstances such that as being on NHS Southampton's Performers List, it was incumbent on him so to do;
In considering this case, the GDC’s Professional Conduct Committee said:
“Your conduct and the associated breaches of standards as outlined above involve nearly every aspect of dental practice. The way you dealt with your colleagues showed a fundamental lack of respect and understanding, and as such you acted in a way that was incompatible with dental team working. The rude manner in which you dealt with patients was completely unprofessional and unacceptable. Furthermore, your gross departures from acceptable standards in the areas of patient consent and cross infection control had the potential to put patients in significant danger of actual harm.”
Unless Mr Striebich, who was immediately suspended, exercises his right of appeal, his name will be struck off the register in approximately 28 days’ time.
More details can be found on the GDC’s website.