Safe Inside James Arthur Download 'Safe Inside' on iTunes
A seven-year-old boy who was badly burned in a city street has died in hospital, police said.
Preston Flores was found ''on fire'' by neighbours in Bedford Avenue in Aberdeen at about 2pm on Friday.
It is thought petrol could have been involved in the incident.
The youngster was taken to hospital in Aberdeen before being transferred to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh where he died today.
In a statement released through police on behalf of the family, his mother, Luisza, said: ``Preston's family want to inform the public that their precious little boy has passed away and is at rest.
``He meant the world to his family and will always be deeply missed and loved. Preston was a special little boy and his loss has ripped our family apart.''
She added: ``On behalf of our family I would like to thank everyone for their support but would ask that we are now allowed to grieve in peace for Preston.''
Police said a report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal in due course as is usual procedure.
Detective Inspector Lorna Ferguson, of Police Scotland, said: ``Our thoughts are with Preston's family, friends and the Bedford community at this sad time.''