On Air Now
The Capital Late Show With Marvin Humes 10pm - 1am
15 June 2013, 06:11
A number of people from the North East, including the director of Dance City in Newcastle and a deputy head teacher from Whitley Bay, have joined Adele in being given an MBE in the Queen's birthday Honours list.
A total of 1,180 people have been named in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
Among them are Adele who gets an MBE for services to music and actor Rowan Atkinson, who's been handed a CBE.
You can see who else from the North East got a mention in the list below.
ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE (CBE)
* Rowan Sebastian Atkinson. Actor and Comedian. For services to Drama and charity.
* Donald Anthony Sargent. General director, Sage Gateshead. For services to the Arts in North East England. (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE (OBE)
* Professor Selwyn Michael Griffin. Consultant Surgeon and Professor of Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne. For services to Health. (Gateshead, Tyne and Wear)
* James Scott Lambert. Executive chairman and CEO, R and R Ice Cream. For services to Manufacturing in North Yorkshire. (Catterick, North Yorkshire)
ORDER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE (MBE)
* Krishan Kant Attri. Volunteer Leader, Newcastle Hindu Temple. For services to Inter-Faith Relations in the North East of England. (Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear)
* Robert Dale. Administrative Officer, HM Revenue and Customs. For services to Taxpayers. (Gateshead, Tyne and Wear)
* Mrs Christine Harland. Vice Chair, Church Lane Partnerships Residents' Group, Middlesbrough. For services to the community in Middlesbrough. (Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire)
* Peter Huggins. Associate director, Dance City. For services to British Dance. (Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear)
* Ian Johnson. Higher Executive Officer, Corporate IT, Department for Work and Pensions. For services to the DWP and the Scout Association in Durham. (High Shincliffe, Durham)
* Francis George Major, JP, DL. Chairman, Northumbria Regional Flood and Coastal Committee. For services to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management. (Washington, Tyne and Wear)
* William Ogilvie. For services to the community, especially Sport, in South East Northumberland. (Choppington, Northumberland)
* Mrs Josephine Anna Skipp. Operational Delivery Team Leader, Agents Learning and Support Team, HM Revenue and Customs. For services to Taxpayers and to Bereavement Counselling. (Lanehead in Weardale, Durham)
* Miss Barbara Marshall Slider. Head of School and Deputy Headteacher, Shiremoor Primary School, Newcastle upon Tyne. For services to Education. (Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear)
* Derek Talbot. For services to Badminton. (Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear)
* Alexander Waters. For services to Sport in Northumberland. (Hexham, Northumberland)
BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL (BEM)
* Paul Henry Brett. Senior Officer, HM Prison Northumberland. For services to HM Prison Service. (Morpeth, Northumberland)
* Mrs Patricia Bulmer. Founder and Leader, Elim Toddler Group, Sunderland. For services to Education. (Seaham, Durham)
* Mrs Sylvia Cape. Volunteer, North East Prisons After Care Service, HM Prison Northumberland. For services to Prisoners and their Families. (Morpeth, Northumberland)
* Thomas Daniel Hodgson. For services to Rugby. (Alnwick, Northumberland)
* Eric Lamb. For charitable community services in Newcastle upon Tyne. (Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear)
* Mrs Eileen Mary Rogerson. For services to the community in Kirkwhelpington, Northumberland. (Kirkwhelpington, Northumberland)
* David Robin Scott. For services to Music in Newcastle Upon Tyne. (Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear)
* Robert Taylor. For services to the community in Wingate, County Durham. (Wingate, Durham)
* Frederick Arthur Wharton. For services to Amateur Drama in the North East. (Durham)
QUEEN'S POLICE MEDAL (QPM)
* Stephen John Tunmore. Constable, Northumbria Police.
QUEEN'S FIRE SERVICE MEDAL (QFSM)
* Ms Elizabeth Hampson. Group manager, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.