Man Badly Burnt in Elswick Gas Explosion

21 September 2011, 09:49

A 38 year old man has been badly burnt after a suspected gas explosion in Elswick.

The police were called to a house on Sceptre Street in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday) and found a 38-year-old man inside the property with burn injuries.

He has been taken to hospital where his injuries have been described as potentially life threatening.

The fire, which was quickly extinguished, is thought to have been caused by a gas explosion and adjoining properties were evacuated.

Luckily no-one else was hurt.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

70+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

Capital FM iOS App 2015

Download Our AWESOME New Free Music App - Now Also Available On Android!