Never Be The Same Camila Cabello Download 'Never Be The Same' on iTunes
29 June 2012, 08:21
After flash flooding and freak storms battered the North East, more than 7,000 people in the region are still without power.
Northern Power Grid engineers are continuing work this morning (Friday) to restore power to customers affected by yesterday's floods and lightning storms.
The number of customers without power currently stands at 7,337 - down from 23,000 immediately after the storms.
In a statement, Northern Power Grid told Capital:
"We would like to thank all customers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience they are experiencing."
If You Have No Power
* Turn off electrical appliances at the socket. This is particularly important for heating or cooking appliances as your power could return at any time and potentially cause a safety hazard if you are absent, asleep or unaware.
* Keep one light switched on so that you know when electricity has returned.
* Check on any vulnerable neighbours and relatives to make sure they are comfortable and well.
* Use battery-powered lamps or torches if possible instead of candles as they are safer.
* Only call 999 in the event of an emergency. Please contact our power cut helpline on 0800 668877 anytime night or day if your power supply has been affected.