Girl Dies After Choking At School

A 6 year old girl has died after choking on food at her school in Billingham.

Tributes have been paid by shocked parents at Pentland Primary School on Pentland Road in Billingham after Chantelle Firth died from choking on a piece of food on Thursday.

Police were called as a matter of routine to the incident and have told Capital FM the results of a post mortem showed Chantelle's death was caused by choking - they're not treating the matter as suspicious.

The girl was taken to the University Hospital of North Tees but doctors were unable to save her.

Parents at the school have been told about the tragedy. 

News

Recently Played Tracks

To listen live, choose your preferred location:

Go

On TV: Brit Awards 2015: Best Video

12am - 12:45am

Watch Capital TV

  • Brits 2015 Video I WILL NEVER LET YOU DOWN

    Now

  • Brits 2015 Video SUMMER

    00:08

  • Brits 2015 Video I GOT U FT. JAX JONES

    00:04

  • Brits 2015 Video UPTOWN FUNK FT. BRUNO MARS

    00:01

App Banner

Beyonce performs at the Super Bowl 2013 New Music

Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.

Become a CapitalFM VIP

More music news