Man Electrocuted At Salford Sub Station

16 June 2011, 12:26

Police in Salford are warning people of the dangers of electricity sub stations after a man was left badly burned.

Shortly before 5am today, emergency services were called to a sub station on Rake Lane, Clifton, following reports a man had been electrocuted, he was allegedly trying to steal copper cable.

Ambulance crews and police officers arrived to find a 45-year-old man badly burned.

He was taken to Wythenshawe hospital suffering from bad burns to his face, neck, hands and knees. He is currently in a stable condition.

A second man, aged 50, was arrested nearby on suspicion of theft and remains in custody for questioning.

Detective Sergeant Rachel Smith, of Swinton CID, said:

'This man has suffered terrible, potentially life changing injuries as a result of his reckless behaviour.

'Obviously we are deeply concerned about this man's injuries and we hope he can make a recovery.

'However, we once again must stress the life-threatening dangers of tampering with electricity sub stations.

'Stealing cable or wiring may seem easy money to some parts of the criminal community, but, as this case shows, the consequences can be absolutely terrible.

'This is not the first time someone has diced with death to steal a few pounds worth of cable, but the time has come for people to realise it is simply not worth the risk.'

Shawn Mendes Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Watch ALL The Live Performances From The Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Liam Payne & Cheryl Baby

Liam Payne's Sister Speaks Out After New Pics Appear To Confirm Cheryl Pregnancy Rumours

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!