Heywood Teen rescues woman from burning House

A woman in Heywood had a lucky escape from a fire after her neighbour came to her rescue.

The 52-year-old was dragged from the burning building by a 16-year-old who lived nearby.

The woman had discovered a fire in her lounge, believed to be caused by a dumped cigarette.

She called the fire service but before they got there, the teen had got in and found her on the sofa.

Watch Manager Mark Bamford said: "He did a sterling job, there's no two ways about it. The outcome could have been very different.

"It would have been very unpleasant. The heat was concentrated on one level as it was a bungalow and there was acrid smoke."

The incident happened in Furness Avenue at around 11.30pm on Wednesday.

Shawn Mendes Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Watch ALL The Live Performances From The Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Liam Payne & Cheryl Baby

Liam Payne's Sister Speaks Out After New Pics Appear To Confirm Cheryl Pregnancy Rumours

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!