Arrests Over Manchester Boy Rape
Two men have been arrested after a teenage boy was raped in a Manchester department store toilet.
The attack happened when the 14-year-old victim visited the Arndale centre on Saturday June 2.
He was approached by two men, one Asian and one white, one of whom said to him: "Come with us, do what we say and if you try to run we'll get you.''
The boy was then grabbed by the arm, led out of the Arndale centre and taken to nearby Debenhams.
He was then taken upstairs in the lift and marched into a toilet where he was raped by the Asian man.
Police have now arrested two men, aged 55 and 41, on suspicion of rape. Two other men who were arrested yesterday have been bailed pending further inquiries.
Police had earlier released CCTV images of suspects they were trying to trace.
Superintendent Stuart Ellison, of Greater Manchester Police, said today: "I want to extend a huge thank you for the overwhelming response we had from the public when we released two images of possible suspects earlier this week.
"As a result of that information, we have made a number of arrests and the investigation is moving forward. "Should there be any further developments we will keep people informed.''