On Air Now
The Capital Weekender With Ministry of Sound 10pm - 6am
You could be jetting off to Sydney to meet Example at Stereosonic 2012 for just £3... find out how and enter now!
Welcome to the Help a Capital Child Appeal raffle. Find out how you can get your hands on this great prize.
This awesome prize combines the trip of a lifetime to meet Example in Sydney with a festival experience to die for!
You and a friend will jet off to Sydney with Vietnam Airlines for a four-night trip to this diverse and exciting city.
Vietnam Airlines flies four times per week from Gatwick Airport to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, with daily onward services direct from Ho Chi Minh City to both Melbourne and Sydney as well as convenient connections to more than 40 destinations across Asia.
You will stay at The Darling at The Star, a stunning 5* hotel found at the edge of Sydney’s harbour, and you’ll enjoy breakfast each morning in the Garden Buffet. Named one of the Top 60 Best New Hotels in the World by Condé Nast Traveller, The Darling at The Star is the ultimate in indulgence, found at the heart of The Star entertainment complex, which means Sydney's top restaurants and bars are located right on your doorstep.
On 24th November, you’ll head to Sydney Olympic Park for Australia’s biggest music festival, Stereosonic Sydney. Stereosonic boasts a stellar line-up with the cream of the crop in electronic/dance music right now, including not only Example but also Capital favourites Calvin Harris and Avicii.
Not only will you revel in the festival atmosphere as some of the biggest names in dance music take to the stage, you’ll also be whisked backstage to say hi to Example and have your photo taken with the man himself. And if this wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a prize pack with all the mementos you’d ever need from your Aussie festival experience, containing a Stereosonic T-shirt each, two signed copies of Example’s album, Playing in the Shadows, two copies of Example’s new album, The Evolution Of Man (due out in November) and 2010’s Won’t Go Quietly, and two onelove CDs.
What are you waiting for?!
You could be off on this amazing trip for just £3 as part of the Help a Capital Child Weekend. Click on the Enter Now button below to buy your ticket, and for all the terms and conditions.
Prize Terms & Conditions
- This prize is for 2 people, flying out from the UK on Wednesday 21st November and returning on Wednesday 28th November.
- The flights are as follows:
Departs London Gatwick at 12:00 (21 Nov) – arrives Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at 07:05 (22 Nov)
Departs Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at 20:45 (22 Nov) – arrives Sydney, Australia at 09:35 (23 Nov)
Departs Sydney, Australia at 11:35 (27 Nov) – arrives Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at 16:30 (27 Nov)
Departs Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at 00:15 (28 Nov) – arrives London Gatwick at 06:45 (28 Nov)
- This prize includes four night’s accommodation at The Darling at The Star on the following dates: November 23, 24, 25 and 26. This voucher cannot be redeemed on alternate dates and it is not redeemable for cash.
- The prize includes valet parking and breakfast in The Star’s Garden Buffet.
- Airport transfers and travel in Australia are not included.
- All additional costs including mini bar and in room dining are not included and must be covered by the prizewinner.
- The winner and friend must be over 18 years of age and bring photo ID to gain entry into Stereosonic 2012. No filming or photography is permitted on the day (other than approved meet & greet photo to be taken by a Stereosonic representative).
- We will require a contact telephone number and email address to facilitate this prize.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal value.
- We reserve the right to change the date with reasonable notice and substitute with another mutually agreeable date.
- At some events wheelchair access may be limited or unavailable.
- Hotel accommodation is in a double room. Check in time is from 3pm.
- Prize is not transferable, cannot be resold and there is no cash alternative.
- If a prize is split across more than 1 date attendees must remain the same or the place may be forfeited.
- The artist’s management team and/or other chosen guest may also be present at the event. Filming or photography may be carried out for their purposes.
- Vietnam Airline’s terms and conditions are as follows:
1. Offer open to UK residents aged over 18, excluding employees of Vietnam Airlines or any person professionally connected with this promotion and their immediate families.
2. All winners must hold a valid UK passport.
3. There is one first prize comprising of the following: Two Economy Deluxe class return flights from London Gatwick to Sydney via Ho Chi Minh City with Vietnam Airlines, subject to availability.
4. Economy Deluxe class only operates on the Gatwick Airport – Ho Chi Minh City sectors. Prizewinners will be booked in Economy class on the Ho Chi Minh City – Sydney sectors.
5. The two flights must be taken simultaneously. Flights must be booked via Vietnam Airlines nominated contact. Details of how to book will be provided to the winner in the winners info pack.
6. Flight details will be provided by Vietnam Airlines booking agent in the winner pack. Flights must be booked by 5 November, so the prize winner and their travelling companion must provide their full names (as on their passports) in advance of this date.
7. The prize winner and guest are responsible for acquiring and paying for their visa to enter Vietnam. Visas are date specific and should be organised after the flight is confirmed. No liability is accepted if the winner cannot travel because of insufficient or incorrect documentation.
8. The prize winner is responsible for all other costs incurred including and not exclusive to: travel to and from all airports, entry visas, travel insurance, including medical insurance and the cost of any emergency. Vietnams Airlines is not liable for any costs with regard to this prize in any way.
9. No cash alternatives or substitutes will be given. The prize is non transferable and non-refundable. Prize must be accepted as offered.
10. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity