MTV VMAs 2014 Performer Sam Smith On Pre-Show Nerves: "It's Going To Be So Scary!"
The 'Money On My Mind' star says he can't believe Beyonce will be on hand to watch his set.
Capital caught up with the 'Stay With Me' singer this week with just DAYS to go before he hits that VMAs stage this coming Sunday (24th August), and the UK star admitted he "might freak out" with stars like Beyonce and Taylor Swift watching him from the audience.
"It's going to be so scary! Beyonce's going to be there, I might freak out," Sam exclusively told Capital's showbiz reporter Kevin Hughes. "My main aim is to not sweat, because i'll be so nervous.
"I watch the VMAs every year, and have done from a very young age, so this is going to be a very surreal weekend," he explained. "But I get to run through it a few times, but I'm not going to kiss Madonna or stick my tongue out, so don't be expecting that!
The fact that I'm performing there feels like I've won already," he added.
The VMAs this weekend will be opened by Jessie J, set to perform her song 'Bang Bang' alongside Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande, while stars like Taylor Swift, Beyonce and 5 Seconds Of Summer are all set to perform.
You may also like:
TRENDING ON CAPITAL RIGHT NOW...
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- New Tour Alert! Jess Glynne's Hitting The Road This Autumn With New 2015 UK Tour Dates
- Iggy Azalea On Cancelling Her 'Great Escape' Tour: "I Had A Change Of Heart"
- Years & Years Announce New 2015 UK Tour Dates - Buy Tickets
- Jason Derulo's New 2016 UK Tour Dates Announced - Get Your Tickets Here!
- Wireless Festival 2015 Line-Up: Drake, David Guetta & Nicki Minaj Headline - Friday Sold Out!
- Take That Kick Off Their New Live UK Arena Tour With Explosive Song Setlist
- Get Well Soon! Sam Smith Cancels This Week's Australia Tour Dates To Rest Voice