MTV VMAs 2014 Performer Sam Smith On Pre-Show Nerves: "It's Going To Be So Scary!"
The 'Money On My Mind' star says he can't believe Beyonce will be on hand to watch his set.
Sam Smith feels like he's ALREADY won at the MTV VMAs … but is getting VERY nervous about his performance debut!
Capital caught up with the 'Stay With Me' singer this week with just DAYS to go before he hits that VMAs stage this coming Sunday (24th August), and the UK star admitted he "might freak out" with stars like Beyonce and Taylor Swift watching him from the audience.
"It's going to be so scary! Beyonce's going to be there, I might freak out," Sam exclusively told Capital's showbiz reporter Kevin Hughes. "My main aim is to not sweat, because i'll be so nervous.
"I watch the VMAs every year, and have done from a very young age, so this is going to be a very surreal weekend," he explained. "But I get to run through it a few times, but I'm not going to kiss Madonna or stick my tongue out, so don't be expecting that!
The fact that I'm performing there feels like I've won already," he added.
The VMAs this weekend will be opened by Jessie J, set to perform her song 'Bang Bang' alongside Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande, while stars like Taylor Swift, Beyonce and 5 Seconds Of Summer are all set to perform.
You may also like:
Jessie J - 'Stay With Me' (Capital Live Session)
Jessie J - Stay With Me (Capital Live Session)
Today's Hot Searches
Can't wait to download the latest new songs from your favourite singers and bands? Find out release dates right now.
Find out what songs you can expect to hear on Capital this week.
- The Vamps Reveal New Date On Their UK Arena Tour For Spring 2015
- Olly Murs Adds New Dates To His 2015 UK Tour
- Ariana Grande Announces 2015 UK 'Honeymoon Tour' Dates
- Get Your Tickets For Jessie J's New 2015 UK Tour Dates Now!
- Ed Sheeran Confirms He Will Be Headlining Wembley Stadium On His 2015 ‘X’ World Tour!
- EXCLUSIVE: Take That Promise A "Really Special" Show On New UK Tour
- Take That's NEW 2015 UK Arena Tour Dates Are On Sale NOW!