On Air Now
The Capital Weekender With Ministry of Sound 10pm - 6am
A woman found guilty of harassing Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand is due to appeal against her conviction.
Susanne Ibru, 38, was jailed for 10 weeks in May after the 32-year-old footballer told her trial that Ibru left him fearing for his family's safety by turning up at his home and demanding to speak to him.
Ibru, of no fixed address, is due to appear at Warrington Crown Court for an appeal hearing in a bid to overturn her conviction for harassment and a 10-year restraining order.
Representing herself at a hearing in Warrington in June, Ibru, told Judge David Hale: "I want to appeal against everything, the conviction, the sentence, the restraining order.''
Asked what the grounds for the appeal were, she said: "I know Ferdinand and he knows me, and I hope he opens his mouth and says that this time.''
Ian Davies, prosecuting, said he expected all the trial witnesses, including Mr Ferdinand, to be re-called.
Ibru was living in Peckham, south London, when she made three 400-mile round trips to the star's home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire, on February 21 last year, then again on June 16 and 18, her trial heard.
Ibru, who claims to hold ambitions to become a sports agent, represented herself during the trial and cross-examined her victim.
She then fled the court and was convicted of harassment in her absence.
She later pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer who was sent to arrest her.