Man Charged Over Bookies Robberies
24 October 2011, 13:30 | Updated: 30 March 2016, 13:50
A man has been charged with betting shop robberies across the south east.
Martin Joseph Reilly, 53, of no fixed address, is charged with nine robberies in which £23,000 was stolen, two attempted robberies, eight offences of possessing a firearm whilst committing an indictable offence, and two of possessing an offensive weapon.
The robberies took place at;
- Corals in Kettering, Northamptonshire, on 13 June, in which £700 was stolen;
- Corals in Bedford on 17 June, in which £5000 was stolen;
- Ladbrokes in Brighton on 11 July, in which £2780 was stolen;
- Ladbrokes in Eastbourne on 18 July, in which £2780 was stolen;
- Ladbrokes in Woking, Surrey on 3 August , in which £2780 was stolen;
- Labrokes in Portsmouth, Hants, on 30 August, in which £3500 was stolen;
- Ladbrokes in Westcliff, Essex on 20 September, in which £2500 was stolen;
- Ladbrokes in Bedford on 28 September, in which £640 was stolen;
- Ladbrokes in Baker Street, London W1, on 10 October, in which £2500 was stolen.
The attempted robberies took place at;
- William Hill in Hove on 7 July;
- Betfred in Eastbourne on 17 July.
Reilly was arrested in Hereford on Saturday afternoon, 22 October, and was taken to Brighton where he was charged on Sunday evening 23 October.