Police Look For Third Man After Stabbing

Police generic

Police are appealing for a third man injured in an attack in Glasgow City Centre on Friday 10 June 2016, to come forward.

Around 4.10 on Friday afternoon, two gangs were involved in a fight on Buchannan Street, Glasgow, which ended in three of them being hurt.
Two of the youths, aged 18 and 15 years, sustained stab wounds during the assault and were taken by ambulance to hospital. The 18 year old remains in Glasgow Royal Infirmary for observations - he suffered an injury to his leg; and the 15 year old - who had a cut to his arm - was treated and released from the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.
Detective Sergeant Colin MacRitchie, Glasgow City Centre CID, is leading the enquiry. He said:
"What we know is that a group of six to seven male youths were in Buchanan St, between West George Street and Bath St, when three of the group became involved in an altercation with at least one other man in the street. A number of his friends came to his aid and it is then that the fight took place.
"From CCTV and our enquiries, we understand that one man sustained an eye injury during the incident but he left before police arrived. It is essential that we trace him both to find out if he is ok and also what information he has about the assault.
"We are also looking for three suspects who made off west in Bath Street following the attack. They are all described as white and in their late teens, early 20s and:
1. light coloured hair, wearing a grey long sleeved hooded top, dark tracksuit bottoms and was carrying a black and red rucksack
2. short dark hair, wearing a light grey/white t-shirt, black shorts and white trainers.
3. sallow skin, short dark hair shaved at the sides, wearing a white t-shirt with an image on the front, black jogging bottoms with a white stripe.
"At the moment, the motive for the attack is not known, however, it is possible that whilst this was not a planned meet, the two groups knew each other.
"The response from the public has been positive so far, however, we would still like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or who has information that will assist with our enquiries.
"We know from social media and from speaking to witnesses that some of it was captured on mobile phones. If you have any footage at all, please let the police know. Police are also checking CCTV in the area to identify the third injured man and the suspects.
"Any information can be passed to officers at Stewart St Police Office via 101 or alternatively, to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where details can be passed in confidence."
Buchanan Street, between Bath Street and West Regent Street was re-opened just before 2100 hours last night.