On Air Now
Capital Breakfast with Garry, Steven & Amy 6am - 10am
22 December 2017, 06:20 | Updated: 22 December 2017, 06:24
A Scottish cheese has been recalled after it was found to be infected with a bacteria which can cause meningitis.
Errington Cheese, which is based in South Lanarkshire, have taken a batch of Dunsyre Blue off the shelf after Listeria monocytogenes were detected.
Symptoms caused by the bacteria can be similar to flu and include high temperature, muscle ache or pains, chills, feeling or being sick and diarrhoea.
In rare cases, the infection can be more severe, causing serious complications, such as meningitis.
Some people are more vulnerable to the bacteria infections, including those aged over 65, pregnant women and their unborn babies, babies less than one month old and people with weakened immune systems.
People who have bought the product have been warned not to eat it and return it for a refund.
The cheesemaker was named as the most likely source of an E.coli outbreak last year.
There were 26 cases, including a 3 year old girl who later died.
The Crown Office later said there was no evidence to link the death with the cheese.