On Air Now
Capital Breakfast with Garry, Steven & Amy 6am - 10am
13 August 2015, 15:29 | Updated: 30 March 2016, 13:50
The DVLA will not be taking any action against the driver of a bin lorry which crashed in a city centre killing six people, an inquiry has heard.
The lorry driven by Harry Clarke, 58, went out of control in Glasgow city centre on December 22 last year, with witnesses reporting that he appeared to lose consciousness at the wheel.
On Wednesday, Solicitor General Lesley Thomson QC told the fatal accident inquiry looking into the tragedy that the Crown Office will not be prosecuting Mr Clarke.
However the inquiry heard a prosecution of Mr Clarke by the Crown Prosecution Service south of the border on behalf of the DVLA for failing to disclose his medical history was ''under consideration''.
Today, Rhoderick McIlvride QC, for the DVLA, was asked by Sheriff John Beckett about the matter.
He said: ``The DVLA recognises that this is a matter for the Crown Office and the DVLA will not be taking the issue any further.''