On Air Now
The All-New Capital Weekender with MistaJam 7pm - 10pm
11 July 2019, 12:28
A baby has died after choking on food at nursery.
The 10-month-old boy was being cared for at Bright Horizons Nursery in Corstorphine, Edinburgh, on Tuesday when the incident happened.
He was taken to hospital but died the following day.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: "Police in Edinburgh were contacted after a 10-month-old boy took unwell within a private nursery in the Corstorphine area of the city on Tuesday.
"The child was taken to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children where he sadly passed away on Wednesday.
"The death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious, and a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
The nursery has been contacted for comment.