Clayton Dad Killed Weeks After His Son: VIDEO

13 August 2012, 16:40 | Updated: 30 March 2016, 13:50

A man found dead in Manchester is the dad of a man who was shot dead at a pub less than three months ago.

Police believe the dead man is 46 year old David Short, whose son Mark was killed at the Cotton Tree pub, in Droylsden, on 25 May.

A body was found in Folkestone Road East, Clayton, on Friday after shots and an explosion were heard.

Detectives said a grenade exploded during the incident at a property in Folkestone Road East.

Ten minutes later, gunshots were heard and a grenade attack took place two miles away at a house in Luke Road, Droylsden.

No-one was reported as injured after the incident.

Police have today released shocking footage of the attack on Luke Road, Droylsden. it shows two people shooting and throwing a grenade at a house. 

Police want to speak to 29 year old Dale Cregan, in connection with both killings.

Mr Cregan, from Droylsden, has one eye but sometimes wears a black false eye.

Officers are also looking for 33 year old Anthony Wilkinson from the Beswick area, in connection with both the killings.

They warned people not to approach them but to contact officers if they see them..

Dale Cregan Mug shot anthony wilkinson

Dale Cregan (Pictured top) with fake onyx eye and Anthony Wilkinson (bottom).

Police have seized a number of vehicles they think are involved.

Armed police are carrying out extra patrols are continuing in Clayton and Droylsden.

Assistant Ch Con Garry Shewan, from Greater Manchester Police, said: “These two extreme acts of violence that were carried out yesterday are highly unusual for the area and clearly are not something we will tolerate.

“We have a significant amount of officers dedicated to investigating David's murder and the second attack at the house in Droylsden, to find whoever is responsible."

He added: “Our main priority at the moment is to find Dale Cregan, so we can speak to him about these incidents.

"If you have seen him, or if you have any information about his whereabouts, please do not approach him but call the police immediately."

Mark Short died when a masked gunman opened fire at the pub on Market Street.

Two men were charged with his murder on Wednesday and will appear at Manchester Crown Court on 25 October.

27 year old Luke Livesey, from Hattersley, and 38 year old Damien Gorman, 38, from Glossop, are also charged with three counts of attempted murder.

32 year old Mathew James, has also been charged with one count of murder and three counts of attempted murder.