Wolves Boss Refuses To Discuss Transfer Rumours After Abraham Move Falls Through
11 January 2019, 15:29 | Updated: 11 January 2019, 15:31
Boss Nuno Espirito Santo has refused to discuss Wolves' failed bid for Tammy Abraham.
The Chelsea striker was expected to end his temporary stay at Aston Villa and move to Molineux on loan.
But the 21-year-old is remaining at Villa Park, having scored 16 goals in 20 games this term, despite Wolves being confident about signing him at the start of the week.
Nuno said: "I don't speak about rumours. Our approach is simple, we do our work at home and when things happen we announce them. Until then - rumours.
"The window is open, for us to bring someone in it has to be someone we really think can add to our squad. We are happy with the squad.
"All the clubs, names, press, it's all normal. We should focus on what we have and what we can control. The rest, we don't even have to think about."
Wolves go to Manchester City on Monday sitting ninth in the Premier League and having knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup this week.
Nuno's side drew 1-1 with the defending champions at the start of the season and he feels that was key to their impressive campaign so far.
"That was a very important moment, it made us realise we were ready to compete in the Premier League. We put our standards high," said Nuno, who confirmed he had a fully-fit squad.
"We are growing, we started the competition on a new reality and we are changing and trying to adapt to solutions. We have been doing well, we have had bad moments, and we want to find the consistency.
"There's always something to improve on. Now it's a big challenge. The next one is always the most hard and it's going to be tough. They are a fantastic team with a fantastic manager.
"I know the reality of football, you have to be prepared for everything."