Ke$ha Says Her Single 'Die Young' Is "Inappropriate" After Tragic US School Shooting
19 December 2012, 08:45 | Updated: 19 December 2012, 09:49
The 'Tik Tok' singer also says she was "forced" to sing the lyrics and had her own issues with the song.
Ke$ha has issued a statement on the controversy surrounding her song 'Die Young' after several US radio stations pulled the track in the wake of last week's tragic shootings.
The 'Blow' singer's song has been removed from the playlists of several radio stations in America following the deaths of six adults and 20 children in the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday (14th December), and Ke$ha took to Twitter to discuss her recent single.
Ke$ha posted two messages last night, one which has since been deleted, saying she was "forced" to sing the lyrics and had her "own issue" with the lead single from her new album 'Warrior'
"I'm so so so sorry for anyone who has been affected by this tragedy," Ke$ha tweeted yesterday (18th December0> "And I understand why my song is now inappropriate. Words can't express.
"I understand. I had my very own issue with "Die Young' for this reason," Ke$ha also posted, in a message since deleted from her feed. "I did NOT want to since those lyrics and I was FORCED TO."
Check out a picture of Ke$ha performing live on stage earlier this month below:
Ke$h released 'Die Young' as the lead single from her second studio album 'Warrior'.