On Air Now
Soundcheck Saturday with Roman, Sian & Chris 9am - 12pm
28 August 2012, 13:43 | Updated: 28 August 2012, 13:52
The 'Ceremonials' band are reportedly in no rush to start work on their new album.
Florence Welch has apparently stated that she will be taking a "year off" before starting work on the band's new studio album.
The 'No Light, No Light' star told Style magazine that she has been told there is no rush for a follow up to 2011's 'Ceremonials' resulting in the plans for an elongated hiatus.
"There's a big 'take a year off' plan," she told the publication. "The record company have put no pressure on me for the next album.
"They've said I can have as long as I want."
The singer performed at the Leeds and Reading Festivals 2012 over the weekend and recently hit the top of the Vodafone Big Top 40 with the Calvin Harris remix of her single 'Spectrum (Say My Name)'.
Florence has also faced vocal problems when an injury resulted in her cancelling her planned appearance at the Benicassim Festival.
She has also teamed up with Scottish star Calvin for his forthcoming new single 'Sweet Nothing' which will appear on the DJ's latest album.
Speaking to Capital earlier this month, the 'We'll Be Coming Back' star admitted the collaboration was a swap deal for the remix he did of her number one single.
See more Florence + The Machine Music