Kelly Rowland Shocked As She's Told About Frankie Cocozza's X Factor Exit
9 November 2011, 08:02 | Updated: 9 November 2011, 08:05
The 'Down For Whatever' star heard contestant had gone during a TV interview.
Kelly Rowland was left shocked when she was told that Frankie Cocozza had been axed from The X Factor during an interview.
The 'Down For Whatever' star had no idea the 18-year-old singer had been kicked off the show for "breaking competition rules".
The moment, which was captured on video and is available to watch below, shows Kelly's look of disbelief, as her aide can be overheard telling the journalist: "I don’t.. we don't.. we've been locked in a room."
The reporter then apologises to Kelly, who eventually said: "Poor guy."
In a statement on Tuesday (8th November), The X Factor said Frankie was going to take some "time out" before continuing his career.
Gary Barlow, his mentor on the programme, said: "Frankie has apologised publicly as well as personally to me and the producers for his actions that lead to him leaving the show.
"I'm hugely disappointed that he's thrown away an opportunity like this after working so hard to get here."
The X Factor will announce today (9th November) whether or not Frankie will be replaced on the show.