On Air Now
Capital Breakfast With Roman Kemp 6am - 10am
28 August 2018, 08:15 | Updated: 17 December 2018, 11:25
Full terms and conditions.
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions ) (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘Win your way to Capital’s Up Close with Ariana Grande’’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Saturday 1st September - Tuesday 4th September 2018 across the Capital Network (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to identify a specified Ariana Grande song as directed on-air by the presenter(s) (known as the ‘Up Close Track’) and text in whilst it is playing.
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the word keyword specified on-air by the presenter(s) to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”) whilst the ‘Up Close Track’ is playing on air. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates.
5. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air. If listeners text before or after the song has played, they will not be entered but may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to us.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, we may play other tracks by Ariana Grande in between qualifying ‘Up Close Track’ plays. Any entries received during these ‘single plays’ will not count as valid entries and will not be entered into the prize draw.
7. Once the text lines have closed, one winner will be selected at random from all the correct entries and called back. A call will be recorded with the winner and played out on air.
8. All Entrants selected to play on air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
9. The number of rounds to be played each day is flexible and will be at the discretion of Capital. There will be a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 5 competition rounds per day broadcast across the Capital Network.
In addition, there will be a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4 competition rounds per day broadcast on each individual Capital local station as detailed below.
9b. Capital’s local stations are as follows:
Capital London (which is also available on Capital’s digital channels as Capital UK), Capital Scotland, Capital North East, Capital Yorkshire, Capital Manchester, Capital Liverpool, Capital North West and North Wales, Capital Cymru, Capital Birmingham, Capital East Midlands, Capital South Wales, Capital Brighton and Capital South Coast.
Capital reserves the right to broadcast additional competition rounds when required. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on air. Capital reserves the right to take the game off air at times when programming output requires it.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, each competition round is a separate round and the text message system will be re-set after each round. The ‘Up Close Track’ will vary between each round.
11. All entrants must be aged 16 or over. Entrants must have permission from the bill payer to enter.
If successful, all patrons must be aged 14 years of age or over and have photographic ID in order to gain entry to the event. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult, who is 18 years of over.
12. Entry is restricted to one entry per person, duplicate entries will be excluded from the competition.
13. The prize is 2 tickets to ‘Capital Up Close presents Ariana Grande’ taking place at KOKO, Camden, London on Tuesday, September 4th 2018.
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel or accommodation.
15. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion. 16. All winners must adhere to the event and venue terms and conditions, and door policy.
17. Prize is non transferrable and no alternative is available.
We (Global Radio Services Limited) are hosting an event at Koko, London (the Venue) on Tuesday, September 4th 2018. (the Event). If you are lucky enough to have a ticket for the Event, you should read these terms and conditions together with and any other statements which may be displayed at the Venue.
● You must produce a valid ticket (and show photographic I.D) in order to gain entry to the Event.
● All patrons must be 14 years of age or over & bring photographic I.D in order to gain entry to the Event.
Anyone under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult, who is 18 years of age or over. Valid
forms of photographic I.D include Passport, Drivers Licence and PASS scheme.
● When purchasing alcohol if you appear to be under 25 you will be asked for proof of age. We apologise if
this causes any embarrassment.
● Smoking is not permitted in the Venue; this includes the use of e-cigarettes and offenders will be ejected
● The Venue has zero tolerance policy in respect of illegal substances and we will refuse admission or eject
patrons for any behaviour which breaches this policy and shall be entitled to take all reasonable measures to ensure compliance with the policy.
● WARNING – patrons will be exposed to loud music at the Event and strobe lighting may be used.
● For security reasons, we recommend that you only bring small handbags into the Venue and we reserve
our right to refuse entry to those carrying large rucksacks, suitcases or other large bags. Searching is a
condition of entry, refusal to allow a search to be conducted will result in non-entry to the Venue.
● The doors for the Event open at 7.00pm. There will be no admission for the Event before the designated
opening time. Late admission cannot always be guaranteed.
● No pass-outs or readmissions, including for smoking.
● We (together with the Venue) reserve the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any of these
terms and conditions or those rules or regulations displayed at the Venue, or behave in a manner which is likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with our or their reasonable requests.
● Anyone throwing objects, including but not limited to alcohol, glasses, etc. will be removed from the Venue and no refund given. Furthermore, patron’s details will be provided to the regulatory authorities should an offence be alleged to have taken place.
● We are not liable for any tickets which are lost, stolen or damaged.
● Our liability to you in connection with the Event (including, but not limited to, for any cancellation or
rescheduling of the Event) shall be limited to the value of your ticket. Nothing in these terms and
conditions seeks to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
● It is your responsibility to check that the Event is going ahead at the date and time. All advertised times
are approximate and subject to change.
● Tickets are strictly non-transferable. If you have a ticket and are unable to attend the Event, please
contact Patrick.Neville@global.com so that we can reallocate it.
● Any resale/transfer or attempted resale/transfer of your ticket will result in seizure or cancellation
● The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment is prohibited. Any videos or recordings
may be destroyed or deleted.
● You give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness to be included within any film,
photograph, video, audio and/or audio-visual recording at the Event and for such film, photograph, video, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security which may be carried out for the security of patrons.
● Items that we, in our absolute discretion, consider may be a threat to health and safety are not permitted in the Venue.
● We do not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of personal property brought into the Venue.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAOs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212196.