NETWORK: Roman Kemp's £50k Spin It To Win It!
1 January 2021, 06:00 | Updated: 15 January 2021, 15:25
Full terms and conditions.
How much does it cost to enter?
Entries into Roman Kemp’s £50k Spin It To Win It! cost £2 plus your standard network rate
How do I enter?
You can enter the competition by texting the word ROMAN, followed by your answer to the question we ask on air, to 83958.
When do I enter?
Listen out to Capital all day for the latest competition question. Make sure you text while a competition round is open. If you text at the wrong time you won’t be entered but you may still be charged. Remember, text lines for each round close at 8am, 11am and 3pm on weekdays and reopen later in the hour – make sure you wait for the next question to be read on air before you enter.
Do I have to be available to answer my phone to win?
Yes, you’ll need to be available to answer your phone once the text lines for the round you’ve entered have closed. Otherwise you’ll forfeit your chance to win and we’ll call another entrant instead
What number will you call from
We can’t guarantee how it will display on your phone if we call you. It could be ‘unknown’, ‘withheld’, it might show a telephone number, or display in any other way.
How much can I win?
You can win either £500, £750, £1,000, £2,500, £5,000 or £50,000
If you’re picked at random to talk to the presenters and play on air, then we’ll spin a wheel with different cash amounts on the segments of the wheel. The segment it lands on is the amount you’ll win!
Do I only get one spin?
If you’re picked to play just after 11am or 3pm then you’ll have one spin. However, if you’re picked to play on Capital Breakfast you can ask us to spin the wheel a 2nd time if you want to try and do better than the amount you land on first! However, you’ll walk away with the amount you land on after your final spin – even if that’s lower than the first!
Could my entry be picked at random at any point during the competition?
Your entry text will only be valid for the round you enter. Once the lines for that round close, we’ll reset them. You’ll need to enter again if you want to be included in the next draw, once we’ve given you a new question to answer.
Can I enter by phone or online?
No, text is the only way to enter.
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message
There are many different reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds, a Premium Rate block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your mobile phone network. You’ll need to contact your network about this:
O2: o 2.co.uk
EE: e e.co.uk
Three: t hree.co.uk
Why are my messages not sending in the first place?
If messages are not leaving your phone, then they haven’t reached us and won’t be included in the draw to win. This isn’t something we’re able to affect, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network (using the contact details above), and they’ll be able to advise you further.
I received my confirmation message quite a long time after I sent my text
Sometimes, when we experience a higher-than-normal volume of traffic, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the correct draw.
I’ve already entered one competition round. Can I enter another round?
Yes, you can enter different rounds of the competition. However, once you’ve won a prize valued at £1,000 or more you can’t enter again as you won’t be eligible to win.
I missed a call – was it from Capital?
Unfortunately, we can’t disclose that information. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone. Remember, we make the calls once the lines have closed at 8am, 11am and 3pm on weekdays.
I was a winner on another Capital competition recently. Can I enter?
In the last six months, if you’ve won a competition on any of Global’s radio stations – winning either a prize valued at a thousand pounds or more, or winning more than one prize of any value - your entries won’t be eligible until any exclusion period has ended.
If we’ve still not answered your question, check out our full list of Premium Rate FAQs here.
1) The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found atwww.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to the radio competition ‘Roman Kemp’s £50k Spin It To Win It’ (the “Competition") which will run from Friday 15th to Friday 22nd January 2021 across the Capital Network of Radio stations and the Capital Text Club(The “Capital Network”). The Competition does not run on Capital XTRA or Capital Dance.
2) Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3) To enter the Competition, an Entrant must listen on FM or DAB and text in with the answer to a question, as directed on-air by the presenter(s).
4) An Entrant must send a text message with the keyword ROMAN followed by their answer to the question to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”), as directed by the presenter(s) on air. The text system may not recognise any other format of the keyword.
5) Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard rate message.
6) The first Competition round opens at 3:15pm on Friday 15th January (as directed by the presenter on-air) and closes at 8am on Monday 18th January. Each subsequent round will be opened on-air by the presenter once the previous round has closed. Rounds close at 8am, 11am and 3pm on weekdays. The last Competition round closes at 3pm on Friday 22nd January.
7) On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in a 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same Competition round, they will receive an additional two entries into that Competition round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that if they respond to this offer, the text lines for the Competition round are still open when they do so.
8) Once the text lines have closed, one winning Entrant will be selected at random from all the entries during that round. If the selected entry is eligible and has the correct answer, the Entrant will be called back on the number they entered from. If the entry is ineligible or does not have the correct answer another entry will be selected via this process until the entry selected at random is an eligible entry with the correct answer.
9) All randomly-selected Entrants will be required to talk to the presenter(s) either live on air, or a call will be recorded with the presenter(s) / production staff and then later played on-air.
10) If an Entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producers) the call may be terminated and the Entrant will forfeit their prize and another entry will be selected at random in its place. The producer’s decision is final.
11) Once contact has been made with the randomly-selected Entrant, a Global presenter or member of Global staff will spin a wheel on their behalf in order to determine how much money the Entrant wins. The wheel will be divided into segments, with an arrow pointing down onto the wheel. The prize amount won is determined by the segment that the point of the arrow is located within when the wheel has stopped. The arrow may be positioned in any segment before it is spun and may be spun clockwise or anti-clockwise. It must go through one full revolution (i.e. it must not stop spinning before it has reached at least the segment the arrow was positioned in at the starting position). Otherwise, the result will not be valid and the wheel will be spun again.
The standard arrangement of the wheel is as follows:
5 x £500 segments
5 x £750 segments
5 x £1,000 segments
3 x £2,500 segments
2 x £5,000 segments
1 x £50,000 segmentEach segment is equal in size. Global reserves the right to deviate from the standard arrangement of the wheel in any way and at any time for a specific Competition round.
12) Once the wheel has been spun, if it is not 100% clear on which segment the arrow has stopped, or if any fault occurs during the spin, the result will be void and the wheel will be spun again to determine the prize amount won.
13) After their first spin of the wheel, Entrants playing on-air during Capital Breakfast will be asked if they want to spin the wheel a second time. If the Entrant chooses a second spin, they will win the amount determined by this second spin, whether higher, lower or equal to that of the first spin. The Entrant cannot change their mind once they have confirmed their choice and the wheel has been spun.
14) Global reserves the right to offer extra spins to randomly selected Entrants, whether this is announced at the initial point of entry, or when a Competition round is already open.
15) The number of rounds played throughout the Competition is flexible and will be decided at the discretion of Global. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Global reserves the right to take the Competition off air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
16) For the avoidance of doubt, each Competition round is separate with a different question to answer, a separate chance to win, and the text system will be re-set after each round.
17) Players and winning Entrants may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with national and regional media at the request of Global. By entering this Competition, you agree that Global may use your name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of your contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
18) Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
19) An Entrant can enter the Competition up to 12 times per day (excluding free entries). Our premium rate games are designed for entertainment purposes only and we strongly advise against excessive use.
20) Once an Entrant has won a prize valued over £1,000, they may not continue to enter the Competition. If they do so, their entries won’t be eligible but will still be charged.
21) Winning Entrants must have a bank account as the cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer.
22) If a winning Entrant is found to be ineligible after being awarded their prize, an entry from the same round will be picked at random in their place. If the selected entry is eligible and has the correct answer, they will be called back to play off-air and the round will be replayed. The amount won by the Entrant who is disqualified will not be awarded to the replacement Entrant – the wheel will be re-spun as per the process in clauses 11 to 15 to determine the amount won.
23) The prize money available for each round is £500, £750, £1,000, £2,500, £5,000 or £50,000, determined in the process outlined in clauses 11 to 15
24) Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time.
25) Cash prizes will be paid by BACS transfer to the winner’s bank account. Winning Entrants will need to provide their address for any non-monetary prizes won, where applicable.
26) Global will endeavour to transfer the prize money to a winner’s bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system. In order to be paid the same day, winners must provide all the necessary details via the method directed before 4pm. If any eligibility checks need to be carried out, this could delay the payment.
27) Prizes are non-transferable, and no alternative is available.28) Global reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize at any time at its absolute discretion.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our phone entry services, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000