Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball with Barclaycard - Winning Weekend Terms and Conditions
12 November 2021, 19:58 | Updated: 30 November 2021, 15:05
‘Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball with Barclaycard Winning Weekend’ on Capital Network, November/December 2021 – Specific Rules
1. The ‘Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball with Barclaycard Winning Weekend’ promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Saturday 13th to Sunday 14th November 2021 on Capital FM. Global is the Promoter. The ‘Promotion Partner’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is Barclaycard.
IMPORTANT: THIS PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NORTHERN IRELAND, THE ISLE OF MAN OR THE CHANNEL ISLANDS.
2. The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must listen to Capital FM on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th November 2021 and answer the question asked on-air by the presenter(s) when prompted.
4. You must send a text message starting with the keyword BALL followed by your answer to the question to 83958 (the ‘Text Message Line’). Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard network rate message.
5. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
6. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on-air as directed by the presenters for each round of the Promotion as heard on FM and DAB. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
7. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us. Furthermore we are not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network or handset error.
8. On entering the Promotion, you will receive a text message that invites you to take part in a 4-for-2 offer, whereby if you enter the Promotion a second time within the same Promotion round, you will receive an additional two text entries into that Promotion round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once you’ve entered for the second time and you will not need to text again to claim this. If you do submit a third text entry for the Promotion, you will be charged. It is your responsibility to ensure that if you respond to this offer, the text lines for the Promotion round are still open when you do so.
9. Once the Text Message Line has closed, one entrant will be selected at random from all the entries received during that round. The selected entry must be eligible and have the correct answer. If you are that entrant, one of our representatives will call you on the telephone number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
10. If you are the selected entrant, you will be asked to have a call with a presenter. That call will either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast. You must answer your telephone when we contact you.
11. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf.
12. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; (v) you are not (or do not seem to us to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable. If you have complied with all applicable terms and conditions, then you will be declared the winner of the Promotion.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, if we call you, we offer no guarantee of how this will display on your phone. A handset could display a number, it could show ‘unknown’, ‘withheld’, or display in any other way.
14. At our absolute discretion, we may choose not to play every call and call attempt on air.
15. The number of rounds played each day for the Promotion will be decided by us in our sole discretion. Promotion rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. We reserve the right to take the Promotion off-air at times when programming output requires it.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, each Promotion round is separate with a different question to answer, a separate prize available, and the text system will be re-set after each round.
17. We and our Promotion Partner may publish and publicise your name, image, and we may refer to your guest/travel companion’s association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
18. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we and our Promotion Partner may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
19. By entering the Promotion you are requesting that we process your entry into the Promotion immediately. We complete the entry process immediately following receipt of your entry and therefore you acknowledge that once you enter the Promotion you will lose any right you may have to cancel your entry and receive a refund (whether under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or otherwise).
20. The Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (i.e. England, Scotland and Wales only) aged 18 and over, and who are based in Great Britain at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
21. Multiple entries are permitted up to a maximum of 10 paid entries per round (£20 + standard network rate charges); any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion. The Promotion is for entertainment purposes only and we strongly advise against excessive use.
22. If you win a prize you may not enter again at any point during the Promotion (as stated in Clause 1) and we reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent prize for the duration of the Promotion.
23. Entrants and their guests must be able to attend Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball with Barclaycard (the ‘Event’) on Saturday 11th December and/or Sunday 12th December 2021.
24. The prize available to win in each Promotion round is 2 x general entry tickets to ‘Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball with Barclaycard’ at The O2, London, on Saturday 11th or Sunday 12th December 2021, as specified by the presenter at the time of winning.
25. By attending the Event, you and your guest agree to abide by the Ticket Terms and Conditions and the Venue Entry & Requirements which can be found at Capitalfm.com.
26. A full list of details regarding the Event will be emailed to the prize winner once they have provided their contact email address to us.
27. For the guests of winners, children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over who is responsible for them at all times.
28. Winners and their guests may be asked to show Photo ID on entry to the Event.
29. Winners and guests aged 18+ must be able to show proof of full vaccination or a negative Covid test taken within 36 hours of the Event.
30. Masks may be required at the Event and within the venue. It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to bring a mask. Entry may be refused to any individual who does not have a mask.
31. You must, at your own cost, comply with all necessary checks, and/or tests required for travelling to and from and entering and exiting your travel destination/venue. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing, organising, undertaking, recording and/or registering any required Covid-19 tests. We will not be responsible for any costs incurred by you in complying with this clause, nor will we purchase, organise, undertake, record and/or register any required Covid-19 tests.
32. You must comply with all applicable rules, regulations and guidance relating to Covid-19, both in the UK and your travel destination/venue. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with such rules, regulations and guidance.
33. You acknowledge and agree that, without limitation to the provisions of Clause 12 of the General Terms & Conditions, our ability to fulfil a prize and/or perform any of our obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (collectively ‘Covid Measures’). If due to any Covid Measures, we are unable to fulfil a prize or perform any of our other obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions, then we shall not be in breach of the Promotion Terms and Conditions. In accordance with Clause 36 below, in these circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
34. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner. By way of example, without limitation, travel, accommodation, food and drink is not included within the prize.
35. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
36. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
37. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
38. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) and our Promotion Partner as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
41. We, our Promotion Partner, and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we and the Promotion Partner will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
42. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
43. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting email@example.com. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.