Network: Capital! Give Me The Cash!
9 July 2020, 07:08 | Updated: 27 August 2021, 14:25
‘Capital Give Me The Cash’ – FAQs and Rules
How much does it cost to enter?
Entries into Capital! Give Me The Cash! cost £2 plus your standard network rate.
How do I enter?
You can enter the competition by texting CASH, followed by your answer to the question we ask on air, to 83958.
When do I enter?
Listen out to Capital every day for the latest competition question. Make sure you text while a competition round is open. If you text at the wrong time you won’t be entered but you may still be charged. Remember, text lines close when you hear us play the alarm on-air, so don’t text after you hear that - wait until we give you the next question to answer.
Can I enter from anywhere in the UK?
You can enter the competition if you’re a resident of Great Britain (England, Scotland or Wales). If you live in Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man or the Channel Islands, then we’re really sorry but you shouldn’t enter as you won’t be eligible to win, due to different regulations in those places.
Do I have to be available to answer my phone to win?
Yes, you’ll need to be available to answer your phone once we’ve played the alarm at the end of the round you entered. This can happen at any point between 8am and 4pm on weekdays. And the first thing you say as soon as you answer MUST be the phrase that pays: ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash’. Otherwise you’ll forfeit your prize and the money will be added to the prize fund for the next round.
What number will you call from?
We can’t guarantee how it will display on your phone if we call you. It could be ‘unknown’, ‘withheld’, it might show a telephone number, or display in any other way. You just need to always answer your phone with ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash’ between 8am and 4pm weekdays!
How much can I win?
We start off with a £5,000 prize for each round. But if the entrant we randomly select once a round has closed doesn’t answer their phone with ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash’ then we’ll add that £5,000 to the next round, and we’ll keep on adding £5,000 to the prize total each round until someone answers with that all-important phrase that pays. We’ll tell you exactly how much you can win every time we give you the entry details on-air.
Could my entry be picked at random at any point during the competition?
Your entry text will only be valid for the round you enter. Once the alarm plays on air, we’ll reset the lines. You’ll need to enter again if you want to be included in the next draw, once we’ve given you a new question to answer.
Can I enter by phone or online?
No, text is the only way to enter.
So if the prize rolls over, do I need to enter again?
Yes, each time we add another £5,000 to the prize and the question changes
is a ‘new round’. You will need to enter that round if you’d like to be eligible to win the prize amount available.
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message.
There are many different reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds, a Premium Rate block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your mobile phone network. You’ll need to contact your network about this:
Why are my messages not sending in the first place?
If messages are not leaving your phone, then they haven’t reached us and won’t be included in the draw to win. This isn’t something we’re able to affect, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network (using the contact details above), and they’ll be able to advise you further.
I received my confirmation message quite a long time after I sent my text
Sometimes, when we experience a higher-than-normal volume of traffic, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the correct draw.
I’ve already entered one competition round. Can I enter another round?
Yes, you can enter different rounds of the competition. However, once you’ve won once, you can’t win again.
I missed a call – was it from Capital?
Unfortunately, we can’t disclose that information. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone. Remember, it can happen at any point between 8am and 4pm weekdays, once the alarm has sounded on air.
I answered a call from Capital but lost out because I didn’t say the phrase that pays. Can I enter again?
Yes, as long as you don’t win you can enter again.
I was a winner on another Capital competition recently. Can I enter?
In the last six months, if you’ve won a competition on any of Global’s radio stations – winning either a prize valued at a thousand pounds or more, or winning more than one prize of any value - your entries won’t be eligible until any exclusion period has ended.
If we’ve still not answered your question, check out our full list of Premium Rate FAQs here
Capital! Give Me The Cash! on Capital, August to December 2021 – Specific Rules
1. The ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash!’ promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Tuesday 31st August 2021 to Friday 24th December on the Capital Network of Radio stations and the Capital Text Club. Global is the Promoter. The Promotion does not run on Capital XTRA or Capital Dance
2. IMPORTANT: THIS PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF NORTHERN IRELAND, THE ISLE OF MAN OR THE CHANNEL ISLANDS. The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here. Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
3. Global reserves the right to end the Promotion at any point before the end date once at least four winning entrants have been awarded.
Details of the Promotion:
4. To enter the Promotion, you must text in with the answer to a question, as heard on FM & DAB and as directed on-air by the presenter(s).
5. You must send a text message starting with the keyword CASH, followed by your answer to the question, to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at £2 plus one standard network rate message.
6. The Text Message Line for each round of the Promotion will open as directed by the presenter(s) on air. It will close at the point that the ‘alarm’ plays on air, which can happen at any point between 8am and 4pm on weekdays, as heard on FM & DAB. An individual Promotion round will be open for a maximum of up to 72 hours.
7. Entries received before the opening time or after the closing time will not be included in the correct Promotion round but may still be charged.
8. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network or handset error.
9. On entering the Promotion, you will receive a text message that invites you to take part in a 4-for-2 offer, whereby if you enter the Promotion a second time within the same Promotion round, you will receive an additional two text entries into that Promotion round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once you’ve entered for the second time and you will not need to text again to claim this. If you do submit a third text entry for the Promotion, you will be charged. It is your responsibility to ensure that if you respond to this offer, the text lines for the Promotion round are still open when you do so.
10. Once the lines have closed, one entrant will be selected at random from all the entries received during that round. The selected entry must be eligible and have the correct answer. If you are that entrant, one of our representatives will call you on the telephone number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right toselect another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
11. You must answer the phone with the phrase: ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash!’. For the avoidance of doubt, this must be the phrase that you say first as soon as you answer the phone. The producer’s decision is final and Global will not be obliged to enter into any correspondence in the event of a dispute. You may also be asked to talk to a presenter. That call will either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast.
12. If you do not answer your phone, attempts to call you go to voicemail, you answer the phone without the phrase that pays, answer with an incorrect version of the phrase that pays or the call is terminated as per clause 13 (below), the £5,000 prize money available in that round will not be won. Instead it will be rolled over to the next round. In this way, the total prize fund will increase by £5,000 each round until a randomly-selected entrant answers the phone with the phrase that pays and wins the total prize fund. The prize fund will then be reset to £5,000 for any Promotion round that immediately follows.
13. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) someone else answers the phone; (ii) the call becomes disconnected; or (iii) you are not (or do not seem to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (iv) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, the call may be terminated and you will forfeit your prize.
14. For the final round of the Promotion, the prize money for that round cannot roll over and must be won by one entrant from the pool of entries into the round. In this case, an entry will be selected at random as per clause 10. If the randomly-selected entrant does not answer their phone with the correct phrase (as per clauses 11 to 13), another entry will be selected at random. This process will continue until an entrant successfully answers their phone with the correct phrase and a winning entrant is awarded.
15. For the avoidance of doubt, if we call you, we offer no guarantee of how this will display on your phone. A handset could display a number, it could show ‘unknown’, ‘withheld’, or display in any other way.
16. At Global’s absolute discretion, Capital may choose not to play every call and call attempt on air.
17. The number of rounds played each day for the Promotion will be decided by us in our sole discretion. Promotion rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. We reserve the right to take the Promotion off-air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, each Promotion round is separate with a different question to answer, a separate prize available, and the text system will be re-set after each round.
19. Promotion rounds may be open at any point during the Promotion’s duration (as directed by the on-air presenter) but the alarm will only ever sound (to end that Promotion round) between 8am and 4pm on weekdays. If the alarm doesn’t play before 4pm, the round will stay open overnight (and over the weekend if applicable) until the alarm plays next.
20. We may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
21. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we may interview you, which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you in connection with the Promotion either by telephone or in person and we may use such films, recordings and/or photograph(s) forpublicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion.
22. By entering the Promotion you are requesting that we process your entry into the Promotion immediately. We complete the entry process immediately following receipt of your entry and therefore you acknowledge that once you enter the Promotion you will lose any right you may have to cancel your entry and receive a refund (whether under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or otherwise).
23. The Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain (i.e. England, Scotland and Wales only) aged 18 and over, and who are based in Great Britain at the time of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
24. Multiple entries are permitted up to a maximum of 14 paid entries per day (£28 + standard network rate charges); any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Promotion. The Promotion is for entertainment purposes only and we strongly advise against excessive use.
25. If you win a cash prize during the Promotion, you may not enter the Promotion againand we reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent prize for the duration of that Promotion.
26. The prize money available for each round is £5,000 unless the prize money has rolled over as per clause 12. The total prize amount available will increase by £5,000 for each round that a winning entrant is not awarded.
27. If you provide all necessary details via the method directed by 4pm of the day that you win a Promotion round, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds on the same day, in our discretion, otherwise will aim to do so on the following working day.If you provide your details on any other day, we will aim to initiate the transfer of funds the next working day after those details are received by us. You must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited in our discretion.
28. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
29. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
30. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
31. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
32. Your personal data, will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited and Quidem Limited), as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
33. We may hold your personal data for a period of 2 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
34. You may be asked if you want to opt-in to marketing from us or our Promotional Partners when you enter the Promotion. If you choose to opt-in, we and/or our Promotional Partners (as applicable) will use your personal data for marketing purposes.
37. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
38. If you are required to submit a guest(s)/travel companion(s) personal data to enter a Promotion, you must ensure that your guest(s)/travel companion(s) have given you consent to provide us with their personal data.