Network: Capital! Give Me The Cash!
9 July 2020, 07:08 | Updated: 13 July 2020, 09:16
Full terms and conditions.
How do I enter?
You can enter the competition by texting CASH, followed to your answer to the question we ask on air, to 83958. It costs £1.50 plus your standard network rate.
When do I enter?
Listen out to Capital every day for the latest competition question. Make sure you text while a competition round is open. If you text at the wrong time you won’t be entered but you may still be charged. Remember, text lines close when you hear us play the alarm on-air, so don’t text after you hear that - wait until we give you the next question to answer.
Do I have to be available to answer my phone to win?
Yes, you’ll need to be available to answer your phone once we’ve played the alarm at the end of the round you entered. This can happen at any point between 9am and 4pm on weekdays. And the first thing you say when you answer MUST be the phrase that pays: ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash!’. Otherwise you’ll forfeit your prize and the money will be added to the prize fund for the next round.
How much can I win?
We start off with a £5,000 prize for each round. But if the entrant we randomly select once a round has closed doesn’t answer their phone with ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash’ then we’ll add that £5,000 to the next round, and we’ll keep on adding £5,000 to the prize total each round until someone answers with that all-important phrase that pays. We’ll tell you exactly how much you can win every time we give you the entry details on-air.
Could my entry be picked at random at any point during the competition?
Your entry text will only be valid for the round you enter. Once the alarm plays on air, we’ll reset the lines. You’ll need to enter again if you want to be included in the next draw, once we’ve given you a new question to answer.
Can I enter by phone or online?
No, text is the only way to enter.
I have sent a text to enter but haven’t received a confirmation message.
There are many different reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds, a Premium Rate block, a monthly cap that’s been exceeded, or a problem with your mobile phone network. You’ll need to contact your network about this:
Why are my messages not sending in the first place?
If messages are not leaving your phone, then they haven’t reached us and won’t be included in the draw to win. This isn’t something we’re able to affect, so you’ll need to contact your mobile phone network (using the contact details above), and they’ll be able to advise you further.
I received my confirmation message quite a long time after I sent my text.
Sometimes, when we experience a higher-than-normal volume of traffic, it can take longer than usual to process and send out our response messages, so even if you receive a confirmation message after the text lines closed, that entry was still included in the correct draw.
I’ve already entered one competition round. Can I enter another round?
Yes, you can enter different rounds of the competition. However, once you’ve won once, you can’t win again
I missed a call – was it from Capital?
Unfortunately, we can’t disclose that information. Make sure that, if you enter, you’re available to safely answer your phone. Remember, it can happen at any point between 9am and 4pm weekdays, once the alarm has sounded on air.
I answered a call from Capital but lost out because I didn’t say the phrase that pays. Can I enter again?
Yes, as long as you don’t win you can enter again.
I was a winner on another Capital competition recently. Can I enter?
In the last six months, if you’ve won a competition on any of Global’s radio stations – winning either a prize valued at a thousand pounds or more, or winning more than one prize of any value - your entries won’t be eligible until any exclusion period has ended.
If we’ve still not answered your question, check out our full list of Premium Rate FAQs here
Terms and Conditions
1) The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions) (the “Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to the radio competition ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash!’ (the “Competition") which will run from Monday 6th July 2020 – Friday 28th August 2020 across the Capital Network (the “Radio Station”). The Competition does not run on Capital XTRA.
2) Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
3) Global reserves the right to cease or suspend the Competition at any point before the end date once at least three winning Entrants have been awarded.
Details of the Competition:
4) To enter the Competition, an Entrant must listen on FM or DAB and text in with the answer to a question, as directed on-air by the presenter(s).
5) An Entrant must send a text message with the keyword CASH followed by their answer to the question to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”), as directed by the presenter(s) on air. The text system may not recognise any other format of the keyword.
6) Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus one standard rate message.
7) On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in a 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same Competition round, they will receive an additional two entries into that Competition round at no extra cost. The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If they do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that if they respond to this offer, the text lines for the Competition round are still open when they do so.
8) The text lines for each Competition round will close at the point that the ‘cash cue’ alarm plays on air, which can happen at any point between 9am and 4pm on weekdays. An individual Competition round will be open for a maximum of up to 72 hours
9) Once the text lines have closed, one winning Entrant will be selected at random from all the entries during that round. If the selected entry is eligible and has the correct answer, the Entrant will be called back on the number they entered from. If the entry is ineligible or does not have the correct answer another entry will be selected via this process until the entry selected at random is an eligible entry with the correct answer.
10) All randomly-selected Entrants will be required to talk to the presenter(s) either live on air, or a call will be recorded with the presenter(s) / production staff and then later played on-air.
11) Randomly-selected Entrants must answer the phone with the phrase that pays: ‘Capital! Give Me The Cash!’. For the avoidance of doubt, this must be the phrase the Entrant says first as soon as they answer the phone. The producer’s decision is final and Global will not be obliged to enter into any correspondence in the event of a dispute.
12) If an Entrant fails to answer their phone, is driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during the call and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producers) the call may be terminated and the Entrant will forfeit their prize. The producer’s decision is final.
13) If a randomly-selected Entrant does not answer their phone, attempts to call them go to voicemail, they answer the phone without the phrase that pays, answer with an incorrect version of the phrase that pays or the call is abandoned as per clause 12, the £5,000 prize money available in that round will not be won. Instead it will be rolled over to the next round. In this way, the total prize fund will increase by £5,000 each round until a randomly-selected Entrant answers the phone with the phrase that pays and wins the total prize fund. The prize fund will then be reset to £5,000 for any Competition round that immediately follows.
14) For the final round of the Competition, the prize money for that round cannot roll over and must be won by one Entrant from the pool of entries into the round. An entry will be selected at random as per clauses 9 to 12. If the randomly-selected Entrant does not answer their phone with the phrase that pays, another Entry will be selected at random. This process will continue until an Entrant successfully answers their phone with the phrase that pays and a winning Entrant is awarded. Capital will make it clear on air at the point of entry if the round is the final round of the Competition.
15) At Global’s absolute discretion, Capital may choose not to play every call and call attempt on air.
16) The number of rounds played throughout the Competition is flexible and will be decided at the discretion of Global. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. Global reserves the right to take the Competition off air for bank holidays, or at other times when programming output requires it.
17) For the avoidance of doubt, each Competition round is separate with a different question to answer, a separate prize available, and the text system will be re-set after each round.
18) Competition rounds may be opened by on-air presenters at any point during the Competition’s duration, but will only ever be closed between 9am and 4pm on weekdays. If the cash cue alarm doesn’t play before 4pm, the round will stay open overnight (and over the weekend if applicable) until the cash cue alarm plays next.
19) Players and winning Entrants may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with national and regional media at the request of Global. By entering this Competition, you agree that Global may use your name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of your contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
20) Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
21) An Entrant can enter the Competition up to 20 times per day (excluding free entries). We strongly advise against excessive use.
22) Once an Entrant has won a prize, they may not continue to enter the Competition.
23) Winning Entrants must have a bank account as the cash prize will be paid by BACS transfer.
24) If an Entrant is announced as a winner on air but is later found to be ineligible, another winner may be randomly selected off-air in their place
25) The prize money available for each round is £5,000 unless the prize money has rolled over as per clause 13. The total prize amount available will increase by £5,000 for each round that a winning Entrant is not awarded.
26) Global reserves the right to change the prize or part of it at any time. The prize available for each round will be made clear on air.
27) Cash prizes will be paid by BACS transfer to the winner’s bank account.
28) Global will endeavour to transfer the prize money to a winner’s bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system. In order to be paid the same day, winners must provide all the necessary details via the method directed before 4pm. If any eligibility checks need to be carried out, this could delay the payment.
29) Prizes are non-transferable, and no alternative is available.
30) Global reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize at any time at itsabsolute discretion.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our phone entry services, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000