Christmas Cash Call- December 2019
6 December 2019, 15:14
Full terms and conditions
‘Capital’s Christmas Cash Call’ across the Capital Network, December 2019
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions ) (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to ‘Capital’s Christmas Cash Call’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run between Monday 9th December - Friday 20th December 2019 across the Capital Network (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition, an Entrant must listen on FM or DAB and identify the ‘Cash Track’ (i.e. a song by a specified artist) when played in full on Capital as directed on-air by the presenter(s), and text in whilst the song is playing. For the avoidance of doubt, the song must be played in full and not be part of a spoken presenter link, a piece of Capital station production in between songs, or part of an advertisement / promotional trail.
4. An Entrant must send a text message with the keyword CASH as directed by the presenter(s) on air to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”). The Text System may not recognise any other format of the keyword.
5. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus one standard rate message.
6. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air. If Entrants text before or after the Cash Track has played, they won’t be eligible to win.
7. Global is not responsible for any latency experienced by an Entrant’s mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from Global. Additionally, Global is not responsible for any erroneous entries which may occur through a mobile phone network error or handset error.
8. On entering the Competition, Entrants will receive a text message that invites them to take part in our 4-for-2 offer, whereby if they enter a second time within the same competition round, they will receive an additional two entries into that competition round at no extra cost.
The additional entries will be automatically included once they’ve entered for the second time and they will not need to text again to claim this. If Entrants do text for a third time, the cycle recommences and they will be charged again. It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that if they respond to this offer, the text lines for the Competition round are still open when they do so.
9. Once the text lines have closed, one winner will be selected at random from all the entries during that round. If the selected entry is eligible and sent at the correct time (i.e. during the song by the specified artist), the Entrant will be called back to play on air. If the entry is ineligible or was not sent at the correct time, another entry will be selected to play on air.
10. All Entrants selected to play on air may be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If an Entrant fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call, is unable to continue the call for any reason, if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during these calls and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the Entrant, or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
11. Entrants selected to play on air must be able to tell the presenter the “phrase that pays” which will have been revealed on air. Certain variations on this phrase may be deemed acceptable at the producer’s discretion. The producer’s decision is final.
12. There will be a minimum of 1 Competition round per weekday broadcast across the Capital Network. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on air. Capital reserves the right to take the game off air at times when programming output requires it.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, each Competition round is a separate round and the text system will be re-set after each round, with the Cash Track artist differing from round to round (as announced on air by the presenter(s).
14. Players and Winners may be required to take part in publicity (including interviews) with national and regional media at the request of Capital. By entering this Competition, you agree that Capital may use your name, hometown, photo and any video or audio recording of your contribution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
15. All Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
16. You can enter up to 20 times a day (excluding free entries). Any entry attempts beyond this amount may still incur charges, but will not be entered into the draw. We strongly advise against excessive use.
17. Entrants must have a bank account as the cash prize will be paid by cheque or by BACS transfer.
18. Winners who have won a prize to the value of £1000 or higher may not enter any Global competition again for 6 months. 19. If an Entrant is announced as a winner on air but is later found to be ineligible, another winner may be selected in their place.
20. The prize is cash in multiples of the cash value given on air. The total amount of cash is determined by the number of songs played from the setup of the Competition up to and including the ‘Cash Track’. Each song is worth a set value given on air by the presenter. (For example, and for the avoidance of doubt: if the ‘Cash Track’ is the 4th song played after the competition set-up, and the cash value for each track is £200, the prize will be £800.)
21. Capital reserves the right to award additional prizes for certain Competition rounds at the discretion of the producer.
22. Cash prizes will be paid by cheque or BACS transfer to the winner’s bank account.
23. We will endeavour to transfer the prize money to the winner’s bank account within 28 days, but are not responsible for any delays in the banking system. Each winner will be required to provide us with all the bank details and other information that we require, via the online form sent to them by SMS in order for us to process the transfer. Otherwise, the prize money will be paid via cheque, the process for which could also take up to 28 days.
24. Prizes are non-transferrable and no alternative prize is available.
25. Global reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize at any time at its absolute discretion.
26. For rounds in which the presenter(s) state on air that prize money will be paid to winners by a specified time, winners must be able to provide us all the bank details and other information that we require, via the online form sent to them by SMS, before 10am. Otherwise, there may be a delay in the payment. Additionally, if any eligibility checks need to be carried out, this could delay the payment.
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAOs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 0333 200 2000.