On Air Now
The Capital Weekender with MistaJam 7pm - 10pm
31 March 2023, 17:17 | Updated: 3 April 2023, 09:06
Terms and conditions.
1. The British Airways promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Saturday 1st April until Sunday 2nd April 2023 on Capital Network. Global is the Promoter. The ‘Promotion Partner’ mentioned in these Specific Rules is British Airways and the ‘Prize Provider’ is British Airways.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter one of the Competition Rounds, you must listen to the Capital FM Network from 0600 until 1900 on Saturday 1st April and Sunday 2nd 2023.
4. When you hear a British Airways boarding call sound effect played on-air and when prompted by the presenter(s), you must text in with the keyword given out on air to 83958 (the ‘Text Message Line’).
5. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
6. Promotion rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on-air. There may be multiple rounds of the Promotion played on any given day during the Promotion period. The number of rounds played each day will be decided at our discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, the text system will be re-set after each competition round.
7. Once the Text Message Line has closed, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. For each Promotion round, one entry will be selected at random and the entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives via the telephone number on which they entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
8. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
9. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. Standard rate text messages to promotion shortcodes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If entry is made by text message, be sure to use the correct shortcode. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
10. Within 30 minutes of the closing time of the Text Message Line, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw and one correct entrant will be selected at random and the entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives via SMS OR telephone on the number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
11. If you are a randomly selected entrant, you may be asked to have a call with a presenter. That call will either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast. You must answer your telephone when we contact you. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; (v) you are not (or do not seem to us to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable. If you have complied with all applicable terms and conditions, and if you are successful (including correctly answering any questions and/or successfully completing any tasks, as applicable) then you will be declared the winner of the Promotion.
12. We and Promotion Partner may publish and publicise your name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your and any applicable third party’s (for example a guest/travel companion) association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
13. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we and our Promotion Partner may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
14. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
15. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
16. The winner and guest must be available to fly on the below dates and times (point 21) and both have a valid UK passport.
17. All passengers must have a valid UK passport and must meet all relevant visa and/or other entry requirements including any medical/health screening requirements or similar.
18. Winners must attend the trip to Ibiza to be eligible to receive the prize money; the prize money will not be awarded independently of the trip to Ibiza.
19. In total, 6 winning entrants will each receive:
I. a pair of return flights from London Gatwick to Ibiza with British Airways flying out on Saturday 29th April 2023
II. a 2-night stay at Melia INNside Ibiza on a B&B basis; including ground transfers to and from Ibiza Airport to the hotel
III. £250 cash
20. These prizes are subject to the Prize Terms and Conditions (see below).
Prize Terms and Conditions:
21. The Flight and holiday element of the prize, includes:
i. Two British Airways return economy flights, as follows:
ii. Return Euro Traveller (economy) class tickets for the winner and one (1) companion on a chartered British Airways Euroflyer flight from London Gatwick Airport, UK (“LGW”) to Ibiza (IBZ):
Outbound flight: 29 April 2023 at 09.30am (local time); and
Inbound flight: 01 May 2023 at 20.35pm (local time) (“Flight”).
iii. An allowance of 23kg hold luggage per person and 2 pieces of hand luggage including 1 (one) handbag up to 40 x 30 x 15cm (16 x 12 x 6in) and 1 (one) cabin bag up to 56 x 45 x 25cm (22 x 18 x 10in) which may need to go in the hold. British Airways’ standard baggage terms and conditions apply.
iv. Accommodation for two (2) nights based on two (2) people sharing one (1) twin or double room at INNside Melia, Ibiza as determined by Melia Hotels in its sole discretion.
v. Ground transportation (or transfer) to and from the Ibiza Airport and the hotel
22. Please note that the winner will need to hold a current and valid credit/debit card with sufficient available funds in order to check in at the hotel for security deposit purposes.
23. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that they and their companion are available to travel between 29 April 2023 and 1 May 2023.
24. The winner must provide any relevant information in order to book the prize, including passport details, as soon as possible after winner confirmation, and no later than 14th April 2023.
25. Please note that travel dates, arrangements and reservations are subject to air travel and/or any other travel restrictions.
26. In respect of the Flights, please note that:
i. the seat selection is pre-allocated for the winner and their companion. British Airways will make every effort to ensure all members of a party are seated together, subject to availability and any operational constraints.
ii. travel is permitted on the specially scheduled Flight only.
iii. neither Executive Club Tier Points nor Avios points will be earned on the Flights.
iv. the Flights are not eligible for upgrade.
v. British Airways flight times may be subject to change without notice.
27. If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of the prize with no companion, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
28. All elements of the prize pertaining to the flights and holiday must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
29. It is the responsibility of the winner to:
i. ensure that they and their companion(s) hold a current and valid passport and any other relevant travel documentation required. Passports must be valid for travel with a minimum of six (6) months on the date of departure from the UK when taking up the trip.
ii. ensure that the travelling party is adequately insured including without limitation covering overseas medical costs
iii. ensure that the travelling party adheres to the travel itinerary and other relevant safety instructions as set out by the prize provider of the Flights and the hotel
iv. be aware that online check in will not be available for this Flight, and it is the winner's responsibility to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before departure time to check in
v. inform British Airways and hotel of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines
vi. have the appropriate vaccinations/inoculations (including COVID-19 tests), and certificate of those vaccinations, required for the destination (at the winner’s and their companion(s)’ own expense).
30. The Promoter and the Prize Provider advises the winner and their companion(s) to read, familiarise themselves and comply with the entry requirements set out at the following websites to ensure the winner and their companion are able to travel to Spain: (i) https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements
31. In respect of the Flights element of the prize, the following additional terms and conditions apply:
i. British Airways may in its absolute discretion refuse to carry any passenger not in possession of a valid ticket or necessary passport, visa or health certificate or other similar document for the Flight prior to its commencement.
ii. British Airways may refuse to carry any passenger (including you and/or any of your companion and baggage) if British Airways considers, in its absolute discretion, that such passenger and/or baggage represents a threat to the operational safety of the aircraft or its crew.
iii. All incidental expenses are the winner’s and their companions’ responsibility, including any travel to LGW. If the winner and their companion miss the Flight, or fail to take the outbound leg, the Flights element of the prize will be void and cancelled.
iv. The Flight tickets cannot be sold, bartered or substituted. Once confirmed, name changes are not permitted.
v. Please note that any misuse of the Flights tickets will entitle British Airways to withdraw the prize and/or Flights tickets.
vi. Each passenger (including the winner and their companion) agrees to release British Airways from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use of the Flights tickets (except death or personal injury caused by the prize provider of the Flights’ negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
vii. The Flights are subject to British Airways’ terms and conditions of carriage also which can be found here: https://www.britishairways.com/information/legal/conditions-of-carriage.
32. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-refundable with no cash alternative unless otherwise agreed.
33. The prize excludes ground transport to and from LGW and any other unspecified ground transportation, cost and/or arrangement of any visas, visa waivers, vaccinations, surcharges, taxes, and fees other than airport taxes, insurance (including but not limited to medical insurance and travel insurance), meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, personal expenses (other than those specified above), car hire, phone calls, baggage (other than specified above), gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline.
34. The winner and their companion(s) acknowledge that in the event that any element of the prize does not take place as specified for any reason, the Promoter does not accept responsibility in these circumstances and no alternative prize will be provided.
35. Please note that the winner may be required to sign a prize acceptance letter in order to take-up the prize.
36. In respect of the Cash element of the prize:
i. All winners will be contacted via phone by Global’s Prize Fulfilment Team to confirm their attendance on the trip to Ibiza.
ii. Following confirmation, the winners name and guest will be added to the Ibiza trip Guestlist. If a winner does not confirm their attendance upon being contacted, the prize will be forfeited in our discretion.
iii. Winners must attend the trip to Ibiza to be eligible to receive the prize money; the prize money will not be awarded independently of the trip to Ibiza.
iv. On confirmation of your attendance via our Global Prize Fulfilment team, we will endeavour to transfer the £250 prize money, via BACS transfer, to your bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays. You must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited at our discretion.
37. You must, at your own cost, comply with all necessary checks, and/or tests required for travelling to and from and entering and exiting your travel destination/venue. This includes, but is not limited to, purchasing, organising, undertaking, recording and/or registering any required Covid-19 tests. We will not be responsible for any costs incurred by you in complying with this clause, nor will we purchase, organise, undertake, record and/or register any required Covid-19 tests.
38. You must comply with all applicable rules, regulations and guidance relating to Covid-19, both in the UK and your travel destination/venue. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with such rules, regulations and guidance.
39. You acknowledge and agree that, without limitation to the provisions of Clause 12 of the General Terms & Conditions, our ability to fulfil a prize and/or perform any of our obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions could be affected by an actual or threatened epidemic, pandemic, disease or quarantine and/or any corresponding governmental action, guidance and/or ruling (including but not limited to any Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office guidance) (collectively ‘Covid Measures’).
If due to any Covid Measures, we are unable to fulfil a prize or perform any of our other obligations under the Promotion Terms and Conditions, then we shall not be in breach of the Promotion Terms and Conditions. In accordance with Clause 37 below, in these circumstances, we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
40. Travel insurance is provided by the Promoter on an optional basis and is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. Travellers must be 74 years old or younger. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to check the Promoter’s travel insurance policy to ensure it provides the appropriate level of cover required. If travel is to the following locations: Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Mexico, Venezuela, India, Iraq, Philippines, Honduras, Brazil, Somalia, Algeria, Mali, Mauritania or Niger, full names of travellers must be supplied to the insurer before travel. The travel insurance is provided to the winner on the understanding and agreement that it is only valid for the holiday prize described in this Promotion. Should the winner decide not to accept the Promoter’s travel insurance policy the responsibility will be on the winner to obtain suitable travel insurance for themselves and, where applicable, their guests.
41. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner. By way of example, without limitation, food, visas, and travel to/from UK airports and the winner’s home address are not included within the prize.
42. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
43. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
44. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
45. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) and our Promotion Partner as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
48. We, our Promotion Partner and the prize providers may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we and the Promotion Partner will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
49. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
50. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting email@example.com. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.