Capital’s £5k When We Play, Capital Network, August 2018
20 August 2018, 06:00 | Updated: 20 August 2018, 09:01
Full Terms and Conditions
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at www.capitalfm.com/terms-conditions ) (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘Capital’s £5k When We Play’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Monday 20th August - Friday 24th August 2018 across the Capital Network (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. Listeners will be required to identify when two songs are played back-to-back in full on Capital by a specified ‘£5k Artist’ as directed on-air by the presenter(s) and text in whilst the second song is playing. For the avoidance of doubt, there may be a spoken presenter link or a piece of Capital production between the two songs.
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the word ‘PLAY’ to 83958 (the “Text Message Line”) whilst the second song by the £5k Artist is playing on air. Text messages will be charged at £1.50 plus standard network rates.
5. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air. If listeners text before or after the second song has played, they will not be entered but may still be charged. Global Radio is not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of your text message to us.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, we may play single tracks by the ‘£5k Artist’ in between qualifying back-to-back plays. Any entries received during these ‘single plays’ will not count as valid entries and will not be entered into the prize draw.
7. Once the text lines have closed, one winner will be selected at random from all the correct entries and called back. A call will be recorded with the winner and played out on air.
8. All Entrants selected to play on air will be required to talk to the presenter(s) and the conversation may be recorded and played on-air. If the caller fails to answer a return call from Global, is driving at the time of the call and is unable to pull over, cannot continue the call for any reason or the phone line is not of a suitable quality for broadcast (at the discretion of the producer) the call may be terminated and another Entrant selected at random.
9. The number of rounds to be played each day is flexible and will be at the discretion of Capital. There will be a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 7 competition rounds per day broadcast across the Capital Network. Capital reserves the right to broadcast additional competition rounds when required. Competition rounds will be announced in advance by the presenter(s) on air. Capital reserves the right to take the game off air at times when programming output requires it.
10. For the avoidance of doubt, each competition round is a separate round and the text message system will be re-set after each round.
11. All entrants must be aged 16 or over. Entrants must have permission from the bill payer to enter.
12. Multiple entries are permitted up to a maximum of 2 paid entries per round; any additional entries above this limit will be excluded from the Competition. We strongly advise against excessive use.
13. The prize is £5000.
14. We will endeavor to transfer the prize money to the winner’s bank account within 28 days. This is subject to the winner’s individual bank’s ability to process payment. Each winner will be required to supply the appropriate bank details in writing (via e-Mail) in order for us to process the transfer. In the event that this cannot be fulfilled, the prize money will be paid via cheque, the process for which could also take up to 28 days.
15. Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.
16. Each individual round cash prize must be won by a separate entrant.
17. Prize is non transferrable and no alternative is available
SP: Global Radio Services Ltd, 30 WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service please have a look at our FAOs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212196.