Travel advice for Jay Z and Beyonce in Cardiff
6 June 2018, 08:20
The music power couple are kicking off their world tour in South Wales tonight.
On The Run II is in Cardiff before continuing to cities including Glasgow, Manchester and London.
Cardiff Council say there will be a partial road closure in the city centre this evening.
From early in the day, Scott Road and Park Street will be closed as a result of the need to prepare Gate 5 and protect queuing fans.
The following roads will be closed as part of the full city centre road closure (6pm until 11.30pm)
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment.)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted.)
- Saunders Road from its junction with St Mary Street.
- Customhouse Street throughout its length (access to private car parks will be permitted).
- Penarth Road from its junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading to the rear of the Central Train Station.
- The following roads will be closed in their entirety: High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
- Post event, there may be a need to put a lane closure, or hold traffic on Cowbridge Road East/Castle Street adjacent to gate 1.
All ticket holders are being advised that there will be enhanced security checks when entering the stadium.Fans are strongly advised to leave large bags at home.