On Air Now
Capital Breakfast With Roman Kemp 6am - 10am
30 November 2017, 06:19
A partial closure of the Queensferry Crossing for surfacing work to be carried out gets under way later.
The work is scheduled to begin at 10pm on Thursday and finish by 6am on Wednesday December 6.
During that time, southbound traffic heading towards Edinburgh will use the Forth Road Bridge, while northbound traffic will use the Queensferry Crossing.
The partial shutdown of the new bridge over the Forth is to allow contractors to carry out "snagging works", which involve lifting the surface of the crossing around certain expansion joints.
It is part of efforts to get traffic on the structure travelling at speeds of up to 70mph before the end of the year, officials said.
Transport Minister Humza Yousaf said previously: ''Snagging issues are normal with any major infrastructure project on this scale and complexity."
A Scottish Parliament committee heard on Wednesday that more lane restrictions could be expected on the crossing over the next 10 months due to ''snagging'' issues.