Capital North East: Your Year Sorted
30 September 2018, 21:08
- The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") as detailed in the Rules.
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Capital North East and Heart North East.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the relevant keyword to one of the following radio stations shortcodes Heart – 82122 (SORTED), Capital – 83958 (SORTED), (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The text message line will open at 16:00 on Friday 28th September 2018 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 7:30am on Friday 5th October 2018 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically, unless they text the word CANCEL as instructed. The £3 donation will be taken an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition, and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who texts CANCEL as instructed in the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. The winner will be notified that they have won using the
number of the phone that their text entry was sent from. The winner may be required to answer their phone, talk to the presenter/s and a call recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. if the call is not answered, goes to voicemail, or the entrant is driving, or the quality of the call is not sufficient for broadcast (at the Promoter’s discretion), the chance to win the prize will be forfeited. Another entrant will be selected as above. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
8. You must be over 18 and living in the North East (NE, SR, DH, DL or TS postal areas) to enter the Competition. See the specific prize description for travel dates and age restrictions.
9. You can enter up to 10 times only, however you must text CANCEL as instructed after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
10. Your Year Sorted Prize is made up of 10 individual prizes, full terms and details for each prize are below.
11. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
12. The prize is non transferable and all must be redeemed within 12 months of winning.
13. All venues have the right to exercise their door policies, for which Global Radio is not responsible.
Specific prize terms:
Prize 1 – Holiday to Morocco
The prize comprises of:
- departing on Friday 22nd March 2019 at 06:25 on flight TOM668, arriving in Marrakech at 10:05.
- returning Tuesday 26th March 2019, departing Marrakech at 11:05 on flight TOM485, arriving in Manchester 14:55
- 4 nights’ accommodation in a Four Star Hotel based on 2 people sharing a double room, on a room only basis.
The prize excludes all other costs and expenses including, but not limited to, UK and Morocco ground transfers, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, personal expenses, and any required visas or vaccinations. Winner must have their own travel insurance.
To travel to Marrakech, the winner must hold a valid passport, with at least 6 months remaining at the time of the return date. The winner must make his/her own way to Manchester Airport.
The winner is responsible for applying for any visas they may require to travel to the Morocco.
Prize 2 – Golden Ticket to every gig and club night at the O2 Academy Newcastle for 12 months
From 10am on Friday 5th October 2018 to Friday 4th October 2019 at 23:59, the winner plus 1 guest will have standing access to every club night and gig at the O2 Academy Newcastle for 12 months. The prize allows entry to the named winner plus 1 guest (over 18 only) for 1 year. Drinks, Queue Jump, Early Entry, VIP or Meet & Greets are NOT included. The winner will need to supply photo ID each time they attend the venue to be able to redeem this prize.
Prize 3 – Bongos Bingo
8 x tickets for a bingo night out at Bongos Bingo Newcastle at the Boilershop on Saturday 1st December 2018. The prize will include a reserved table for the winner. Doors open at 18:30, Last entry is at 19:30. Entry may be refused if you arrive past last entry time. All those attending must be 18+ and have valid photo I.D. More info on the event: https://www.bongosbingo.co.uk
Prize 4 – Ultimate intu Metrocentre package
£250 intu Gift Card for use in any Intu shopping center. Valid for 1 year from the date of winning. This gift card can be used at any retailer within an INTU shopping centre
£250 Namco Funscape Experience for up to 20 people. Including Bowling, Dodgem Ride and Arcade Tokens. Subject to lane availability. (Namco Metrocentre only, must be pre-booked in advance with Namco sales team 0191 406 1066)
£100 Gift Card for Wagamama Metrocentre only – not valid at any other Wagamama restaurant in the UK or overseas. Must be used before 31st December 2018. Prize can be used for food or drink. Gift card posted to the winner. Table must be booked in advance with the restaurant before redeeming prize and is subject to availability.
Prize 5 - 2-night DFDS mini cruise to Amsterdam from Newcastle for 2 people
The prize includes:
- Return crossings for 2 people from Newcastle
- Cabin upgrade to sea view cabin
- Return coach transfers to Amsterdam city centre from port
- 5 hours to explore Amsterdam
The prize is not transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. No other costs will be covered. The prize is valid for travel until 30 June 2019, excluding bank holiday weekends and school holidays. The prize is subject to availability and DFDS terms & conditions and competition terms apply. You will need a valid passport. Winner must have their own travel insurance.
Prize 6 – Meal for two at House of Tides in Newcastle
The prize is a £200 voucher to use at House of Tides on Newcastle Quayside. The prize must be redeemed in full, in one visit. The prize must be booked and is subject to the venue’s availability. House of Tides is a Michelin star venue so winners may have to be flexible with dates. Must be redeemed within 12 months.
Prize 7 – Wynard Hall Lodge Break
The prize includes a lodge, which sleeps 4, with a hot tub on Friday 19th October 2018 for one night only. No substitute date is offered.
Also included is a 2 course meal from Wynyard Hall’s seasons menu, booked for 8pm at the Wellington restaurant, plus a welcome drink (up to the value of £10) for each of the 4 guests.
Breakfast will be served in the Hall for the 4 guests the following morning.
The guests will also be admitted to free admission to the Walled Gardens and Woodland Walk on both the check in and check out dates. As well as access to the 150 acre estate and grounds.
Travel to and from the venue is not included.
Prize 8 – Tomahawk Steakhouse Gift card
One £250 gift card to spend at Tomahawk Steakhouse on Newcastle Quayside. The gift card must be redeemed within 12 months of winning.
Cannot be used to purchase alcohol, the prize is subject to availability with the restaurant, so advance booking is required.
Gift card supplied in denominations of £50 to the value of £250. No change to be given.
Prize 9 – Year’s Supply of Krispy Kreme
4 x Krispy Kreme “Glaze Waterfall” Gift Cards – which will be preloaded with £50 to spend at Krispy Kreme UK stores only.
Cards are not redeemable by Krispy Kreme third party partners (Tesco’s, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Service Stations, Universities, Costco and Center Parc’s, delivery or online.)
Gift cards cannot be used in conjunction with the Double Dozen promotion or BOGOF offers, or any other promotion. This also excludes limited edition Feature Dozens. Gift cards cannot be replaced if lost by holder or stolen.
Prize 10 – Year’s supply of Pronta Pizza
Winner will receive a £250 credit for use across a 12-month period. At the time of winning, an 8-digit code will be supplied for use with all orders.
Prize can be redeemed at any time during the year, Monday- Sunday, based on single or bulk orders, for pizzas only, excludes all other offers and is based on collection only.
Credit to be used for Pronta Pizza, Dewley Shopping Centre, Cramlington, NE23 6DT.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative.
- This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.
The Promoters are Global, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phone-paid Services Authority
Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.