On Air Now
Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp 6am - 10am
18 June 2013, 17:22 | Updated: 30 March 2016, 13:50
More than 100 people have now been arrested over violence in Newcastle city centre.
So far 82 people have been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder after officers investigating the disturbance - which happened on Sunday, April 14th - sourced almost 90 CCTV images of people they need to speak to.
Officers also arrested 29 people on the day of the match for a variety of offences. It brings the total number of arrests to 111.
All of those arrested are subject to bail conditions preventing them from attending Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and England matches.
Now police are releasing images of 31 people they need to speak to, many of which were captured on a mobile phone on the day.
The owner of the phone, a man aged 22, has been arrested as part of the investigation.
Chief Superintendent Gary Calvert, Newcastle Area Command, said:
"This is still very much an active investigation with more than 100 arrests made so far both on the day and afterwards.
We've sourced images from a number of places, in the main from CCTV and officers on the ground, but some of these are from a mobile phone which has images of a number of people we need to speak to.
We continue to receive information from the public and a significant amount of people have been identified from the images already released.
I'd like to thank the public again for their continued help in providing information to us about those involved in the disturbance.
As we've said previously, those involved in football-related disorder are in the minority and we're doing all we can to identify suspects to ensure the safety of the vast majority of law abiding fans."
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 ext 69191, or the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.