'Homemade' Ecstasy Death In South Shields

8 April 2014, 17:13 | Updated: 30 March 2016, 13:50

A 20 year old man's died in South Shields after taking what's thought to be a batch of homemade ecstasy tablets.

At 2.20pm on Sunday (April 6th), police were called by the ambulance service after a man had been taken to South Tyneside Hospital, and later died.

The tablet is a pale green colour.

Anyone who believes they have taken a tablet from the homemade batch is urged to seek medical assistance immediately.

Detective Inspector Paul Woods said:
"These tablets are potentially very dangerous and anyone thinking of taking any drug, particularly one similar to this, should not. If anyone thinks they have taken this drug they should seek immediate medical attention."

South Tyneside coroner Mr Carney has also expressed his concerns for members of the public taking any similar tablets. Anyone who needs emergency medical attention should call 999.