MuchMusic Video Awards 2015: Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd & One Direction Among Winners
22 June 2015, 10:32 | Updated: 4 December 2017, 11:10
Plus see performances from Ed and Nick Jonas from the awards ceremony in Canada.
Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd and One Direction were among the big winners at the MuchMusic Awards 2015 at the weekend (21st June), which saw a host of big name performances showcasing some of 2015’s most popular artists.
UK star Ed served as co-host for the awards ceremony and went on to not only perform his worldwide smash ‘Thinking Out Loud’, but also to win two awards for both Best International Artist and Most Buzzworthy International Artist Or Group. Not too shabby, Mr. Sheeran!
The Weeknd was undeniably THE big winner on the night however, with the Canadian artist picking up a total of four gongs over the course of the evening, proving this is one star who has a SERIOUSLY big future ahead of him.
Justin Bieber picked up the gong for Fan Fave Artist, which the ‘Boyfriend’ star has won MANY times before, while the unstoppably force that is One Direction picked up Fan Fave International Artist Or Group.
The night was attended by a host of big-name stars and saw performances from Ed, alongside Nick Jonas, Jason Derulo and Carly Rae Jepsen among others.
Check out the winners list for the MuchMusic Video Awards 2015 below:
- Video Of The Year: The Weeknd - ‘Often’
- Best EDM/Dance Video: Grandtheft & Keys N Krates - ‘Keep It 100’
- Best Director: The Weeknd - ‘Often’
- Best Pop Video: The Weeknd - ‘Earned It’
- Best Rock/Alternative Video: Arcade Fire - ‘We Exist’
- Best Hip Hop Video: P. Reign Feat. Drake & Future - ‘DnF’
- Best MuchFACT Video: Majid Jordan - ‘Forever’
- Best International Artist: Ed Sheeran - ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- Most Buzzworthy International Artist Or Group: Ed Sheeran - ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- Most Buzzworthy Canadian: The Weeknd - ‘Earned It’
- Fan Fave Video: Shawn Mendes - ‘Something Big’
- Fan Fave Artist Or Group: Justin Bieber
- Fan Fave International Artist Or Group: One Direction