Timperley Roses Fan Death A Mystery

11 July 2012, 16:58 | Updated: 30 March 2016, 13:50

A post-mortem examination into the death of a Stone Roses fan found in the Manchester Ship Canal is inconclusive.

Police are still investigating the how and why chris died, they are now appealing anyone who may have seen him in Manchester city centre.

22 year old bar man Chris, was last seen by his mates at about 11.30pm on Friday 29 June 2012, when he was at the Stone Roses gig in Heaton Park, Manchester.

His body was found shortly before 9.35am on Monday, 9 July 2012, in the Manchester Ship Canal near to Media City, Salford Quays.

Officers think that after the concert Christopher used the Park and Ride facility at Bowlee Park, Heywood Old Road, towards Middleton. He could have been at Bowlee Park shortly before midnight.

Further inquiries also revealed that he may have been seen outside the Maccabi Sports Centre on Bury Old Road at about 12.05am.

Officers now believe that Chris managed to get into Manchester city centre in the early hours of Saturday 30 June, where he picked up shoes that he had bought earlier that day and hid in Rosenfields car park, on Thorniley Brow near to Shudehill Metro link station.

He also had sunglasses on his head.

Detective Inspector Debbie Oakes said: “Officers are continuing to offer support to Christopher’s family, and we are trying to give them the answers they so desperately need.

"The post-mortem examination brought an inconclusive result, but, as is routine, samples have been sent for toxicology tests.

"We do, however, have a number of lines of inquiry that we are vigorously pursuing, including CCTV footage that could help us make more sense of Chrisâ¿¿ final movements, information from witnesses following the fantastic public response and other avenues for us to pursue.

"We understand that Chris walked from Shudehill, past a number of pubs, to Deansgate.

"Anyone who saw Chris in Manchester city centre, carrying a Primark bag, is urged to call the police as soon as possible."