On Air Now
The Capital Weekender With Ministry of Sound 10pm - 5am
Capital unveils the results of our poll to find the ultimate Queen Of Pop to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Click through to find out where the likes of Rihanna and Jessie J feature.
10. Kickstarting the top ten it's a pop star that wants you to call her name and has four bandmates she could easily ask to be her princesses...it's Cheryl Cole! Picture: http://cheryl-online.net
9. Critically heralded as the Queen Of Pop - a title formerly held by Madonna - as soon as she burst onto the scene with breakthrough hit 'Baby One More Time', you voted Britney in at number nine in our poll.
8. Nicki Minaj comes in at number eight on our Queens of Pop countdown. The 'Super Bass' star has carved out a niche for herself as the most dominant female rapper in the industry and, with the backing of her millions of 'Barbz', has become a mainstay on the charts ever since she burst onto the scene in 2010.
7. Next up on our countdown is the original Queen of Pop... it's Madonna! The 'Girl Gone Wild' singer has sold over 64 million albums worldwide over her three-decade career and is still dominating the charts following the release of her twelve album 'MDNA' earlier this year. One thing for certain is that Madge is here to stay.
6. Next up on our Queens of Pop list is 'California Gurls' singer Katy Perry. Since shocking the world with her 2008 debut single 'I Kissed A Girl' Katy's popularity has continued to grow over the years and her sophomore album 'Teenage Dream' led her to become the first woman to have five singles from one album top the US Billboard Top 100 chart.
5. Up next on our countdown is critical darling Adele. 2011 was undoubtedly the year of Adele following the release of her critically, and commercially, successful album '21', which has topped charts worldwide and led her to receive countless awards for favourites like 'Rolling In The Deep' and 'Someone Like You'.
4. Bursting in at number four on Capital's fan-voted Queens of Pop countdown is the Queen Bey herself...Beyonce! The 'Single Ladies' singer is one of the most popular stars on the planet with four hugely successful solo albums to her name as well as four studio records as the lead singer in girl band Destiny's Child.
3. Kicking off the top three is a singer who has made a name for herself as one of the most exciting names in British music in only just over a year's time. 'Domino' singer Jessie has earned a legion of fans, called Heartbeats, as well as a spot judging on BBC talent series The Voice UK and is set to kick off her first arena tour next year.
2. The Mother Monster herself Lady Gaga was voted your Queens of Pop runner-up! The 'Born This Way' star is a phenomenon in her own right with two massively popular albums, a legion of 25 million Twitter followers and an ongoing world tour, the 'Born This Way Ball' making its way around the globe all year.
1. The fans have spoken....and named Rihanna our Queen of Pop. Still only 24 years old RiRi already has six albums to her name and is never far from the charts with recent singles like 'We Found Love' and 'Where Have You Been' filling up dance floors across the world.