Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball In Numbers… 9 Stats That Prove How MASSIVE The #CapitalJBB Really Is!
From 16,000 hit music fans filling the O2 Arena to how many miles of cables are used backstage, we've got all the facts you NEED to know about the #CapitalJBB.
1. 16,000 - that's how many hit music fans will be filling the O2 Arena each night of the Ball
It's one of the biggest weekends in the calendar for pop music fans, and it's always a sell out crowd with 16,000 lucky people managing to get tickets per night. There's never an empty seat at the Jingle Bell Ball!
2. 1 - The venue - London's O2 Arena - is the number 1, busiest music arena in the world!
Yes, the O2 took the title from New York's Madison Square Garden back in 2008, and what better venue for such an amazing show?! Picture: Derek Bremner
3. 50 - the amount of miles of cable needed to make the #CapitalJBB look and sound perfect
Of course, you guys want to see and hear ALL of the action, and that comes with a LOT of technical know how and a massive 50 MILES of cables to make sure you guys don't miss a second! Picture: Derek Bremner
4. 800 - The number of crew working backstage
From presenters to engineers and catering crew, it takes a BIG team to ensure that an event of this scale goes off without a hitch - and there will be 800 people on hand on the day to make everything run smoothly. Picture: Capital
5. 4000 - the number of bottles of water consumed over the weekend
Capital's Jingle Bell Ball with Coca-cola is thirsty work! Everyone from the artists to the crew need to keep hydrated, so the crates of water are brought in for the weekend. Picture: Capital
6. 14 - the number of 40' trucks needed to bring all the equipment for the Ball
When you're broadcasting live across the whole weekend and building an entire stage set, you need a LOT of equipment to pull it all off! Picture: Capital
7. 20 - The number of acts that have been announced for the weekend's line up
The 20 Jingle Bell Ball acts will take their turn on the red carpet before performing for you - but you never know if there might be a surprise artist or two turn up on the night. It's the #CapitalJBB, you never know WHAT's going to happen! Picture: Capital
8. 1800 - the amount of amps of power needed to run the show
That's a LOT of electricity needed to run all the lights, sound systems and everything else at an event of this scale! Picture: Derek Bremner
9. 1 - there's one green room where all the stars mingle in their down time
It's all hush-hush for now, but the artists' green room will be packed full of pampering stations for the stars and food and drinks galore. Can we come and hang out here, please? Picture: Derek Bremner