Jessie J "So Sorry" After Cancelling Performance At Ponty's Big Weekend 2012
20 July 2012, 15:44 | Updated: 20 July 2012, 15:56
The 'Domino' star pulls out of three-day event after being diagnosed with a viral infection by doctors.
Jessie J has expressed her sadness after pulling out of her performance at Ponty's Big Weekend tonight (20th July) due to illness.
The 'Price Tag' star had been due to headline the opening night of the three-day event in Pontypridd.
But in a statement, Jessie said she could no longer appear because she had been diagnosed with a viral infection that has caused her to be "extremely fatigued".
"I was hoping to be better but I have been to see my doctor this morning after not feeling great who has advised me I am still in need of rest and to perform will make me worse," she said.
"I hope you can all understand that I wish I could be there. But I'm just not well enough. Back to bed I go. So sorry."
Organisers said tonight's performances were cancelled and the festival will instead begin tomorrow (21st July), with Olly Murs headlining.
"We wish Jessie well in her treatment and hope she is back on her feet soon", they said.
Jessie J had been due to kick off the three day event:
"Though today's event will not take place, Ponty's Big Weekend will start tomorrow with a full programme as advertised, with Olly Murs headlining, and on Sunday Alfie Boe will head up the planned programme as scheduled."
They added: "We are sorry for the inconvenience this decision causes, and to Jessie's fans who were looking forward to the event, but I'm sure they will understand that this is the only decision that could be taken under the circumstances. It's also a great disappointment to us, as we were really looking forward to the concert."
All tickets for the Jessie J concert will be fully refunded from 23rd July. See Rhondda Cynon Taff for more details.