Scarborough Hospital Patient's Skin Set Alight

1 March 2012, 15:28

A North Yorkshire NHS Trust confirmed a patient, who was in surgery, was set on fire after the stuff used to clean their skin ignited.

The incident happened at Scarborough Hospital on Wednesday afternoon

The patient was treated for the injuries and transferred to Castle Hill Hospital in East Yorkshire “as a precaution”. They were later returned to Scarborough Hospital and then discharged.

Liz Booth, director of operations at Scarborough and North East Yorkshire NHS Trust, said they were “extremely sorry”.

She said: “I can confirm that during a surgical procedure a solution used to clean the skin ignited, causing skin burns to the patient.

“The skin burn was treated immediately and the patient was kept in hospital overnight. As a precaution, the patient was transferred to Castle Hill for further assessment and on return was discharged.

“We are extremely sorry for any pain and distress caused to the patient. A full investigation commenced within minutes of the incident occurring and a final report will be produced and shared with the family.”

Years and Years  Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Watch ALL The Live Performances From The Jingle Bell Ball 2016

Liam Payne & Cheryl Baby

Liam Payne's Sister Speaks Out After New Pics Appear To Confirm Cheryl Pregnancy Rumours

Leigh-Anne Pinnock joins Snapchat

80+ Of The Best Popstars You Should Have On Snapchat

My Capital App

Want To Control The Music On Capital? Now You Can With Our New App!