Win A Trip To LA Terms And Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions
1. The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Charities ("Global Charities") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at www.makesomenoise.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to the ‘Global’s Make Some Noise Text Competitions’ ("the Competition") which will run from 3pm on 8th September 2016 until 2pm on 7th October 2016 (“the Duration”).
2. The "Radio Station" advertising the competition is Capital FM, Capital Xtra, Heart FM and Radio X.
3. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from Global Charities.
Details of the Competition:
4. To enter the Competition an Entrant must send a text message with the word HOLLYWOOD to one of the Radio Stations shortcode’s; Capital’s 83958, Capital Xtra’s 61236, Heart’s 82122 or Radio X’s 83936 (the “Text Message Line”). Text messages will be charged at standard network rate. If you text after the closing time you will not be entered but may still be charged. The Text Message Line will open at 3pm on September 8th 2016 (the “Opening Time”) and close at 2pm on October 7th 2016 (the “Closing Time”).
5. After entering the Competition, participants will receive a bounceback text message informing them that a voluntary donation to Global’s Make Some Noise (registered charity 1091657 (England & Wales) & SC041475 (Scotland)) of £3 will be taken automatically an hour (60 minutes) after the time the first text was received, unless they reply with the word STOP. The £3 donation will be taken from the mobile phone used to enter the Competition and 100% of the donation will go to Global’s Make Some Noise.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, you do not need to donate in order to be eligible for entry to the competition. Anyone who replies STOP to the first bounceback message and thereby opts out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise will still be included in the prize draw.
7. After the competition closes at 2pm Friday 7th October 2016 a random draw will take place of all eligible entries received between the Opening Time and the Closing Time to determine the winner. All winners will be required to talk to the presenter/s and a call will be recorded with the presenter/s and played on-air. If the entrant fails to answer their phone, are driving, or if any fault occurs immediately prior to or during these calls and it is not possible to re-establish contact with the caller, another contestant will be selected at random. The producer’s decision is final.
8. You must be over 18 to enter the Competition.
9. You can enter as many times as you like, however you must text STOP after each entry to opt out of donating £3 to Global’s Make Some Noise.
10. The prize consists of a trip to LA for 2 people, with return flights from Heathrow and a 3 night stay at the 5* SLS Beverly Hills Hotel. Plus a tour of LA, a trip to Madam Tussauds and a $250 voucher to spend at Tad Baker London at Camarillo Premier Outlets.
11. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available.
12. The prize is non transferable.
The Promoters are Global Radio, registered with Phonepay Plus (ORG832-96388-41101) and Global Charities, registered with Phonepay Plus (ORG831-51159-55647). Service Provider: Global Radio Services Ltd., 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA. If you are having problems using our text entry service or feel a donation has been taken from your bill unfairly, please have a look at our FAQs at http://www.makesomenoise.com/premium-rate-phone-text-faqs/ or alternatively contact our customer helpline on 03333 212 196.
- The prize includes two return economy flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles International Airport, and two United Club lounge passes and all related taxes with United Airlines; a three-night stay for two in a superior room at SLS at Beverly Hills Hotel, two 1-day tickets to Madame Tussauds Hollywood, one private 8-hour guided tour of LA for two with LA Insider Tours, a $250 voucher for Ted Baker London at Camarillo Premium Outlets with transfers from winners hotel to and from outlet.
- The prize must be booked before 31st January 2017 and is valid for twelve months from the prize closing date.
- All prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
- Transportation of Passengers and Baggage on flights operated by United Airlines, Inc. ("United"), Carriers doing business as United Express, and other carriers operating as United's Codeshare partner (collectively "United Carriers"), are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in United's Contract of Carriage, in addition to any terms and conditions printed on or in any ticket, ticket jacket or eticket receipt. By purchasing a ticket or accepting transportation, the passenger agrees to be bound thereby. Incorporated terms may include, but are not limited to:
- Limits on liability for delay, damage or loss of baggage, including fragile or perishable goods.
- Claims restrictions, including time periods within which a passenger must file a claim or bring an action against United.
- United’s rights to change terms of the Contract of Carriage.
- Rules on reconfirmation of reservations, check-in times and refusal to carry.
- United Carriers’ rights and limits on liability for delay or failure to perform service, including schedule changes, substitution of alternate air carrier or aircraft, and rerouting.
- No additional costs or charges related to travel are included.
- A valid United Club membership card or one-time pass and a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport or military ID) are required to enter the United Lounge Club Heathrow.
- Customers must be 18 years of age or older to use a one-time pass. Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by someone 18 years of age or older during their United Club visit.
- Guests must be 21 years of age to access a United Club location with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age. A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass. A one-time pass cannot be used at an Arrivals facility, Global FirstSM Lounge or Star AllianceTM lounge.
- A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. A one-time pass cannot be used at an Arrivals facility, Global FirstSM Lounge or Star AllianceTM lounge.
- United reserves the right to limit access for one-time pass users during high-traffic times when United Club locations are at or near capacity.
- United reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone who interferes with the professional atmosphere of United Club.
- The three-night stay for two at SLS at Beverly Hills Hotel is in a superior room on a room only basis. All other meals & incidentals are not included; A credit card will be requested for incidentals.
- The three-night stay at SLS at Beverly Hills Hotel will be based upon availability and subject to blackout dates; the winner must provide three sets of preferred travel dates.
- One Madame Tussauds Hollywood ticket allows one-person full admission to Madame Tussauds Hollywood; Madame Tussauds Hollywood is closed February 25th 2017.
- The two tickets to Madame Tussauds Hollywood are valid until July 28th 2017.
- The Camarillo Premier Outlets prize is valid only at Ted Baker London at Camarillo Premium Outlets and is valid only until 7th October 2017; this prize is not redeemable against cash and is non-refundable.
- The Camarillo Premier Outlets prize includes ground transportation between the winner’s hotel and Camarillo Premier Outlets, a VIP tote bag with special retailer coupons and a VIP savings passport; ground transportation from hotel to Camarillio Premier Outlets is valid for a maximum of 3 persons.
- Camarillo Premium Outlets will issue a redemption letter that the winner must bring to Camarillo Premium Outlets with a valid photo to redeem against the Ted Baker London gift card.
- Camarillo Premium Outlets require at least 7 days’ notice prior to the day of arrival to make all necessary arrangements.
- The LA Insider Tours prize is an 8-hour guided tour of LA for two; this prize is valid for one year from the date of prize closing date (7th October 2016).
- The LA Insider tour includes pick up from the LA area only (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Venice, Santa Monica, Downtown); there will also be a lunch stop which will be at the expense of the winner. - The winner is responsible for all expenses and arrangements (transportation to and from the departing and destination airport) not specifically included in the prize.
- Airport transfers in Los Angeles and the UK are not included.
- Prize tickets do not include chauffeur-drive, valet parking or rail tickets.
- At least one guest must be over the age of 18.
- Once travel and accommodation have been booked, the prize cannot be amended.
- Whilst we will do all we can to book your trip on your preferred dates, this is not always possible and we ask that you provide three options as soon as possible after the competition and at least four weeks’ notice to make a booking.
- More popular holiday periods for the destination get booked up quickly and there are no guarantees we will be able to offer your first choice.
- The winners must ensure that they have the correct travel documentation and obtain the relevant Visas. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the winner forfeiting their prize.
- Opening times of the attractions in Los Angeles will fluctuate from time to time and users of information are advised to check with the attraction concerned prior to visiting to confirm current operating hours.
- Wheelchair access at some Los Angeles attractions may be limited or unavailable.
- The content of the prize may be subject to change and/or substituted with a prize of equal or greater value.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to change the date and substitute with another date.
- We require winner name, contact number, postal address & email to facilitate the prize.
- Due to the nature of prize donations, please be aware that it can take several weeks to confirm dates.
- Not for resale, not transferable, there is no cash alternative. This is a charity competition and as such no refunds are given.