Saints Defender Doing Well
5 September 2011, 08:45
Doctors are hopeful that a footballer seriously injured following an attack outside a nightclub will be released from hospital in the next few days, his club said.
Dan Seaborne, 24, who plays for Championship club Southampton, was found injured on the pavement with serious head injuries.
In a statement on their website, the club said:
''As of today, Sunday September 4, Dan Seaborne continues to make steady progress.
''Doctors are hopeful that, all being well, Dan will be discharged from Southampton General Hospital within the next few days.''
Two men were arrested in connection with the incident in the early hours of Friday morning outside Junk nightclub in Southampton.
A 29-year-old from Southampton has since been released without charge, and a 35-year-old, also from Southampton, has been freed on bail pending further inquiries.
It appears the centre-half had been inside the club in London Road with friends earlier in the evening and an argument took place.
The row then escalated outside and police were called to the scene at around 2.51am.
The former Exeter player signed for Southampton in January last year.
Thousands of people have joined Facebook groups titled Get well soon Dan Seaborne, and messages of support have also been added on Twitter.
One well-wisher wrote: ''Get well soon Danny. We need you back in the team.''
Another wrote: ''Get well soon Dan. You're part of our Saints family and we love you.''