Crank It (Woah) Kideko & George Kwali feat. Nadia Rose & Download 'Crank It (Woah)' on iTunes
Two female Hampshire police officers have been arrested following an anti-corruption investigation.
At around 6am on Thursday, October 18th, officers led by the constabulary’s Anti-Corruption Unit executed a number of warrants at addresses in Southampton in the following locations:
· Thornbury Avenue
· King Edward Avenue
· Wyndham Court
· Derby Road
Six people were arrested and remain in custody at this time on suspicion of the following offences:
· 32-year-old man: conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and being concerned in the supply of class A drugs
· 28-year-old man: conspiracy to pervert the course of justice
· 26-year-old man: conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and conspiracy to supply class B drugs
· 22-year-old man: conspiracy to pervert the course of justice
· 28-year-old woman: misconduct in a public office, perverting the course of justice, & being concerned in the supply of class A drugs
· 29-year-old woman: misconduct in a public office
Both women are serving police constables with Hampshire Constabulary based in Southampton. All six were arrested as part of an Anti-Corruption unit investigation into allegations of the disclosure of confidential police information.
The 28-year-old has been suspended. Internal misconduct proceedings are still being considered for the 29-year-old.
Detective Superintendent Colin Smith, head of the force’s Professional Standards Department said:
“Hampshire Constabulary upholds a policy of zero tolerance in relation to police corruption and will spare no efforts in investigating any allegations in order to maintain the integrity of the force and public confidence in the service we provide.”
The investigation is being supervised by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.