King Kong Icarus Download 'King Kong' on iTunes
Police investigating a string of raids on vans delivering cash to banks - including one in Hampshire - have charged four people.
The four robberies and two attempted robberies happened in Gloucester, Hampshire, Somerset and Berkshire.
Leroy Hall, 35, from Streatham, London, Leon McKenzie, 32, from Orpington, Kent, Clifford Griffiths, 35, from Mitcham, London, and Jacqueline Smith, 34, of Mitcham, London, have all been charged and all appeared at Basingstoke Magistrates' Court sitting at Winchester Crown Court on Wednesday, September the 12th.
They have been charged with conspiracy to rob that cover the offences of:
- Robbery at Barclays Bank, Hucclecote, Gloucester, on 14 June, 2011.
- Attempted robbery at Barclays Bank, Tilehurst, Berkshire, on 23 August, 2011
- Robbery at Barclays Bank, Hucclecote, Gloucester, on 20 September 2011
- Robbery at HSBC, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire, on 24 November, 2011
- Robbery at Lloyds TSB, Bath, Somerset, on 25 January, 2012
- Attempted robbery at Barclays Bank, Hucclecote, Gloucester on 3 April, 2012.
The four were arrested in Gloucestershire on 3 April, 2012.
Detective Chief Inspect Paul Furnell of SEROCU said:
"SEROCU's remit is to investigate organised crime groups which cause harm across the south east.
"SEROCU relentlessly pursues serious criminals to ensure public safety, working closely with other agencies.
These charges follow close working with Gloucester, Hampshire, Berkshire and Avon and Somerset forces and with the Serious Organised Organised Crime Agency. I wish to thank these partners for their continued support."